Cran-Apple Oatmeal... In the CrockPot!!!

















I made this for "breakfast" this morning, which was actually eaten around midnight or so as a snack, and it was also cooked long before I thought it would be. I did not get a picture of it, I had planned to but it was all eaten before I even thought to grab my camera! I hope you enjoy!

2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
3 1/2 Cups Water
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
2 Granny Smith Apple, Peeled & Chopped
1/3 - 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries

Spray your Crock pot with Non-Stick Cooking Spray. Add the ingredients, and half the apples, in and stir to combine. Cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on your crock pot. Mine was done in about 3 hours, but my crock pot cooks fast. Add in remaining apples the last hour. Serve in bowls, or leave on warm til morning.
Serves 3-4

Review:
This was absolutely wonderful! I came up with it spur of the moment wanting to have something ready for breakfast the next morning. Little did I know it would be too good to last til then! The apples do get kind of mushy, so if you want them more chunky add them in the last hour or so. But the flavor was wonderful, and I will totally be making this again!

Comments

Popular Posts