Chicken Terriyaki Stir Fry


This is a Farmers Wife Original.

It's day 2 of Leftover Re-Purpose week! This recipe was made from the leftovers of my Grilled Terriyaki Sandwich. You see I made this wonderful sandwich, but I had leftover grilled chicken, pineapple and terriyaki sauce, but no more buns to serve it on. So I got to thinking one night that I needed to use that up, but how could I do it differently and I ended up with this. We really enjoyed it, and you'd never know it was made from leftovers! The Farming Tot gobbled up his entire plate and then tried to steal some from ours (so you know it's yummy lol!) and there were no leftovers of this dinner let me tell you! I wish I'd had some stir fry veggies to throw in the mix too, as that would've been wonderful, but it was one of those "I need to go to the store but, you couldn't make me move if you wanted to" kind of days. But one of the beauties of leftover re-purposing is you get 2 meals essentially for the price of one, and for someone on a budget (and with a toddler), it's a lifesaver! Next time you make those sandwich's I hope you'll use any leftovers and give this a try!

Ingredients:
1-2 Grilled Chicken breasts, diced. (I used the leftover strips from the sandwich)
2-3 Pineapple spears, diced
1/2 Bottle of Kikkoman Terriyaki Marinade and Glaze
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Water
2 Cups cooked Rice
*Stir Fry Vegetables can be added if desired*

Directions:
Dice the chicken into small bites, (if you're not using leftover chicken, cut the chicken into strips, marinade the chicken in a little of the sauce and grill, or pan fry and then dice.) Place in a medium saucepan. Add the diced pineapple, stir fry veggie's (optional), the terriyaki sauce, lime juice and water. Heat on low heat until bubbling, and thick. Serve over rice.

Review:
I was a little surprised by how much we enjoyed this recipe, especially the Farming Tot, but it was a huge hit, and such a great way to use up those leftovers that otherwise may have gone bad. I really think it'd be wonderful with the Vegetable added in, and wish I'd had some on hand but unfortunately I did not. Next time I will be sure and add them in. 4 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts