Pineapple Mango Punch, with Juice and fruit Ice Cubes

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

The wonderful Farming Husband volunteered us to bring the ingredients for punch to Thanksgiving this year. Knowing what a picky drinker he is, being able to take something that I know at least he will enjoy means the world to me. And luckily everyone else seemed to enjoy it too! Within minutes the punch bowl was completely empty and I had to leave my hot plate of food to go make more (which I also didn't mind because my own cup of punch was empty hehe!) Now I know most traditional punches for the holidays are Cranberry or Apple flavored, and while that's wonderful and I like those too, I wanted something a little different (And quite frankly cheaper) and this was a delightful treat! Now I'm kinda kicking myself for not using pineapple sorbet to keep this cold as that would have been wonderful, but since my store was sold out and I was too lazy to go to another one I bought an extra can of juice, and some canned pineapple and fresh cranberries and made my own ice cubes! It was so delicious, and with the extra that we didn't use The Farming Hubby and I have been thoroughly enjoying a glass or two here and there!

Ingredients: for one bowl of punch
1 46 Oz. can of Dole's Pineapple Mango Juice
1 2 liter bottle of Lemon Lime Soda (I used store brand and haven't noticed a difference from name brand)

Ice Cubes: make 112 ice cubes
1 46 oz. Can of Dole Pineapple Mango Juice
1 20 oz. Can of Pineapple tidbits in juice
1 Bag of fresh Cranberries, rinsed
2 cups of water

Directions:
For the ice cubes, make a few days in advance. Pour the can of juice into a large pitcher, along with the juice from the can of pineapple and the water. Mix well. In 4 ice cube tray place a piece of pineapple and a cranberry in the bottom and fill with the juice mixture. In another 4 trays, just pour juice with no fruit added. Freeze until hard, and then place the cubes in ziploc bags, and keep in the freezer til ready to use. For the punch, pour a can of juice and a bottle of soda in a large punch bowl. Mix with a ladle and then add in 14 juice cubes, and 14 juice with fruit cubes. Stir, and serve.

Review:
This really was a delightful and light punch. Not overpowering, and complimented our Thanksgiving dinner quite nicely. It was so refreshing compared to a lot of punches I've had in the past. Didn't leave a sticky taste or feeling in my mouth, even the Farming Tot enjoyed a little bit of it. I hope you will enjoy this punch for any special occasions you may have! 4.5 Stars.

Comments

Popular Posts