Big day!

Bear with me, as today I don't have any recipes for you. Let me preface this by saying no one could know how badly I needed these pick me ups I received over the last 2 days! My hubby was home sick most of last week, and has just been positively miserable, and now my little farming tot seems to have caught it too :-(. But for me as the Mommy, you know that means, lots of cooking and cleaning, and very little rest. (Yes I realize this means I will probably get sick too... Thank goodness for Zicam!) I have worked my little hiney off this last week disinfecting and taking care of my boys, and trying to keep my little guy away from my big guy (not an easy task I assure you), which is to explain my absence this last week. And for that I apologize profusely! I have missed posting more, and talking to all my blog world friends, and never in the world did I expect to wake up this morning to find that I'd been given a blog award by a very good friend, and that I'd made the Top 9 on Foodbuzz!!!

For those of you who aren't as insanely invested into blogging as I am, let me explain. The award is The Stylish Blogger Award. This is an award given out by bloggers, to fellow bloggers. It's such a wonderful encouragement to receive an award like this. It means that someone enjoys actually coming to my little blog home, and reading my silly musings of life as a Farmers Wife, and enjoys my recipes too. So I want to say a very, very big thank you to my friend Brandie, over at The Country Cook, I truly enjoy your blog, and appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing more recipes with you! (Oh and you can view the award on the left column under the Foodblogs link!)

About the Top 9 on Foodbuzz, can I just say WOW! I feel SO incredibly honored to have made it into the Top 9. The simple fact that you all enjoyed my wonderful recipe that The Farming Tot and I came up with, means so much to me, and it's possibly the biggest honor of my blogging career so far. I must admit, it was on my list of hopes and dreams for 2011 to make it into the Top 9, and never did I expect it to be this soon! Thank you everyone for buzzing me there, and right now into the number 6 spot! You, my faithful readers and friends have truly been a blessing to me!

Also before I bid you a due and go back to my Mommy duties, I want to tell about my Amazon Store, now located on the right column of the blog. On the store I have listed my favorite Kitchen Gadgets that are in my kitchen and I just couldn't live without, and guess what?!?! If you feel the same way I do about these products you can purchase them for yourself right there from my store!!! How awesome is that?!?! Now there is also my favorite Cookbooks in there, and yes I am aware that there aren't many. Thanks to my overly active imagination, and my fellow bloggers I have found virtually no need for most of my cookbooks. However I do use my Droid X almost daily as a cookbook, since I can pull up a recipe where ever I am and know what ingredients I need, or the directions and it is such a great tool for me! Also I have listed my favorite cleaning supplies. Something you may not know about this Farmers Wife, I have a strange obsession with keeping a clean house. There is rarely a week that goes by that I don't clean the whole house from top to bottom. I have in the past been accused of being OCD, but hey who doesn't love a clean house?!?!? Now as you may find I do love Swiffer Products. I am aware that they are not the most environmentally friendly product, but for our family of 3 right now these are more affordable, and I love that they actually do trap the dirt and grime and you can just throw it away! With a little one who's always getting into everything they have been a true blessing to my life, and make my job so much easier. Anyway, I hope you'll check it out and bear with me as I am still learning how it works and organizing it. I'm hoping to do some better organizing in the weeks to come, so please check it out! And if you feel like checking out my wishlist on there too, some of these are things I hope to have someday, and give out as giveaways, and if something on there tickles your fancy, I hope you will get it for yourself!

Ok, I'm done being long winded, (for today anyway hehe!) I hope that this finds you all healthy and avoiding this nasty flu bug. And I just once again want to say a huge thank you to each and every one of you who read this. You have been a blessing to this Farming Family, and I hope you feel blessed by us as well!

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you. Congratulations for getting into the Top 9 on foodbuzz. You certainly deserve it and your recipes are so great. You are so humble and down to earth and that is what I love about you. You deserve all the great things that come your way. Hugs and Kudos to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandie! I really appreciate your supportive comments and I also love that you are down to earth, and completely yourself on your blog. I enjoy your posts so much! I hope to one day see your name in the top 9 list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Top 9--that is what led me to your site. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by and for the congrats. It was my first time in the Top 9, too -- congrats to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the top 9. A well deserved award for sure! I hope your family is on the mend.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts