Omelet in a bag?!?!

This is my adaptation of this recipe, found all over blog world!

Ok, so I'm sure by now all of you have seen the latest egg craze that is all over the internet, Omelet in a bag. Yeah I know, I was shocked by it too, it goes against everything I know to boil a ziploc bag. But I figured hey, if everyone else is able to make these successfully than I should be able to as well right? Well let me say, they were pretty good! Honestly, they are a little different taste wise from a normal omelet, probably because they're not loaded up with grease and butter to keep them from sticking to the pan. And don't get me wrong, I'm all for eating healthy and cutting out the sticky mess of making an omelet in a pan. I'm just warning you, they do taste slightly different. But on the flip side, they were SO fluffy (ok now I'm channeling the movie Despicable Me "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! haha!), and so super easy with very little prep work or clean up. Which you all know I love! I really highly recommend giving these a try, they're easy to whip up, and what's nice is you can make a few at a time and still everyone can get exactly what they want in their omelet, so you get breakfast on the table faster!

Ingredients: everything minus the ziploc bags and eggs are optional, make to order or with what's on hand
Quart Size Ziploc Freezer Bags, 1 per omelet
2-3 Eggs, per bag
Diced Bell Peppers, any color you have on hand
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Red Onion
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Diced Ham
Salt and Pepper to taste
Salsa

Directions:
Fill a large stock pot with water, and heat it to boiling. Break the eggs into a bowl and with a fork break the yolks and mix, then pour into the ziploc bag. Add whatever extra ingredients you want to your baggie, seal the air out and squeeze the bag to mix ingredients together. Once done, and the water is boiling, place ziplocs bags in the pot and boil for about 13-16 minutes depending on how many eggs you do. You will know they're done by the firmness when you poke the egg part. Once cooked, just slide the omelet out onto a plate and serve. (No need to grease the bag)

Review:
These really were pretty simple and fast to whip up, overall I enjoyed it. I wish I had mixed mine a little more and added more cheese but that's totally just my personal preference. These were a pretty lo-cal way to start our morning, and really good with a piece of English Toasting Bread with Orange Marmalade. Yum! 4 stars.

Comments

  1. I've never heard of omelet in a bag. I will have to try this. Interesting what comes up everyday.

    Nisrine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts