Banana Cinnamon Chip Waffles

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

It's that time of week again, you know, the weekend... For me it's the time that I think about breakfast constantly, am I going to make something, are we going to be home in the morning, do I even care to make it, I'm cool with just a cup of coffee why aren't the boys?!? (I know I know, my son is too little for coffee, but in my half awake head I don't consider his age! lol!) But you also know that I LOVE making breakfast for dinner, which is where this recipe comes into play, let me set the scene for ya!

Thursday afternoon, relaxing on the couch after a long day of shopping and cleaning, watching food network (duh!) and I see Giada De Laurentiis making waffle's. And as I sit there watching her make waffle's from a boxed mix I gasp! How on earth could she do that, now I'm not judging, I too have made waffle's from a mix before, and I get the premise of making it easy. But waffle's are the simplest breakfast food you'll ever make! And from that came the idea to suddenly make waffle's for dinner. Ok, I have to be honest, I battled with myself for about an hour as to whether or not to actually make these. Haha! I'm such a doof, I mean I was tired, feeling lazy and knew that the next day was going to be hectic, so my plan had been to have leftovers. And here's where the weekend comes into play, I finally decided that if I made them for dinner that night, we could eat the leftovers for breakfast this weekend and thus ensues my lazy weekend plan! ha!! I know, you're probably laughing your heart out at me right now, and I'm so totally cool with this so long as you give these waffle's a try soon! I couldn't just make boring waffle's for dinner either, it goes against every grain in my body anymore to make the bare essentials (sorry, can't help it, I've become a food aholic! Please don't have me committed!!!) but still these were simple, delicious and honestly my new favorite breakfast food!

Ingredients:
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
Dash of Nutmeg
2 Eggs
1 3/4 cups Milk (I used 1%)
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Banana, Mashed (add more banana if you want more banana'y flavor)
3 Tablespoons Cinnamon Chips

Directions:
Heat your waffle iron. In a large bowl mix together your dry ingredients with a whisk, make a well in the center, then set aside. Next in a medium bowl beat the eggs slightly, then add in the milk, oil, vanilla and banana. Whisk that together then add to the dry mixture, whisk until just combined, should be slightly lumpy. Add your cinnamon chips, and mix. Next grease your waffle iron well, then pour about 1 cup (depending on the size of your waffle iron, make sure the little crannies are all covered) of batter on, spread it out with your ladle and close the lid. Do not open until the waffles are done. Bake according your manufacturer's directions. Use a fork to lift the waffle off the grid, repeat with remaining batter always greasing again before adding more mix. Serve warm.

Review:
I must say I was highly impressed with these baby's. My little sous chef absolutely loved his waffle, and after a few minutes I realized he was using his fork to cut his side of sliced banana's into smaller pieces to eat with each bit of waffle, which gave me the idea to garnish with sliced banana's, and let me just say he had the right idea with that one! I got a dozen waffle's out of this recipe, so it makes a lot! 5 stars.

Comments

  1. I love you lazy weekend plan!! haha It bugs the heck out of me too when a TV host uses a mix for something that's super easy to make. These look delicious! Wish I had a waffle maker- but I'm sure they would be great as pancakes too. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, it really is annoying when supposed pros use mixes isn't it? I can't even watch that semi-homemade show anymore without getting seriously annoyed. Lol! And yes I think these would make spectacular pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great! I think I will go with Molly's idea and turn them into pancakes since I dont have a waffle maker either. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super weekend breakfast. That's one perfect looking strawberry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnamon chips and banana?!?! Definitely delicious! Lucky household of yours to wake up to this yumminess... good job, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the banana and cinnamon combo, these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for cinnamon chips! My kids love waffles, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound amazing! I'll bet it would be great for pancakes too! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful presentation, love those strawberries! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow love these waffles! Look so amazing and perfect way to start your day. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! We love breakfast for dinner as well, and I love the addition of the banana.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These waffles look soooo good. What a great idea to use cinnamon chips and banana in the waffles! :) I wish I had these for breakfast right now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous breakfast! It looks so tasty! I just want to jump into the screen right to your table and ask for a plate, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, they look just fabulous and I'm sure they'd go down a treat for dinner, too ;-) I thought you were joking at first about the host using a mix. Wow. Great for boosting the old confidence, though, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aboslutely perfect combination of flavors here! Such a great idea girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those little cinnamon chip guys. They are incredible. I have put them in so may things....never thought of waffles :) Sounds so good. Ill have to make this this weekend. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks y'all! I was thinking this morning that chocolate chips would be a great substitute to the cinnamon chips if you didn't have them! I may have to try them that way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these waffles look so good. love the addition of the bananas to the batter.
    i'm watching Giada right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm...cinnamon chips...the perfect touch...now if only I could find those buggers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Briarrose, I too had a really hard time finding them, my Mom ended up shipping me some. I know you can order them online from several sources, just hit up google! But if you can't find them, I think chocolate chips would be a GREAT substitute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This makes me so excited for the waffle iron we registered for.. these sound fabulous! I love making a good breakfast on the weekend.. its the best part of my Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts