Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce


Farmers Wife Original.

I love pasta, like seriously love it. I don't make it that often because I can't let myself eat something that loaded with carbs (as much as I may want too...). And here's the thing, I don't think I've had a pasta I didn't like, including a sauce. Now I'm not a huge meat sauce fan, just seems way too heavy to me. But a nice white sauce such as Alfredo, or my special spaghetti sauce is always a huge hit. But this roasted red pepper sauce... Let me just say Wow!! I was blown away, I didn't expect too much from this, I just have always wanted to try it. I certainly didn't expect my boys to like it at all, and guess what?!? They BOTH loved it!!! I was just amazed at how a simple sauce like this had so much flavor and was such a great meal that I didn't feel guilty about because it's a pretty light sauce. Now I will tell you, this is a different flavor from your typical pasta sauce, and I'm not going to say it's necessarily kid friendly, because I don't see most kids liking vegetables the way my little Sous Chef does, he would sit and just eat fruits and vegetables all day long if I let him (I know, my kid is awesome! Aren't you jealous? hehe!). The other thing I love about this sauce is it's simplicity. I threw this together in the 20 minutes it took my Farming Hubby to get home from work, as you already know I love to have dinner practically served up the moment he walks in the door so this was a huge plus to me. I also made a fresh homemade Foccacia bread to go with this, I'll post that recipe later! Enjoy~

Ingredients: makes 4 servings
3-4 Roasted Red Peppers (either homemade roasted peppers, or store bought)
1/4 -1/3 cup Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/4 Onion, finely diced
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
Dash of Basil
Sprinkle of Fresh or Dried Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 box Cooked Pasta, I used Angel Hair

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. In the same pot (or you can do in a separate pot) heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion. In a blender or food processor, puree the peppers until smooth (I left a few chunks in mine) and pour into the pan with the garlic and onion. Once warmed, add in the cream, spices and Parmesan cheese. Stir occasionally, til the cheese is melted (at this point you can taste test it and if you need to add more spices or you want more pepper you can puree some more pepper and add it in). Once ready, add the pasta back to the pot, and toss to coat. Serve warm with shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese on top.

Review:
Told you it was simple didn't I? I really has a great flavor, and we just loved this. I did use jarred peppers, as I had them on hand and wanted to make it easy on myself. But I can just imagine how amazing this would taste using freshly roasted peppers! Next time I want to try that. But I give this a 4.5 rating, as we all loved this SO much!

This is the sauce itself! So beautiful and nummy!

Comments

  1. Mmmm, heavy cream in pasta...

    I'm getting some bell peppers delivered to me tomorrow, so I'll have to keep this on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I really love your blog and your recipes! I want to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. See the link for more info and instructions.
    http://www.pinaycookingcorner.com/2011/03/my-1st-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sauce and so easy to make. Roasted red peppers....so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Mrs. Featured publisher :o)
    This does sound good. I can't get my husband to eat pasta at all except for lasagna. I cannot even tell you how frustrating that is. My son enjoys spaghetti though so sometimes I just make it for us and then make my husband a burger. Have I mentioned how ridiculously picky my husband is?!?!
    I'm looking forward to the focaccia bread recipe!!
    So now tell me, what happened this weekend. Why was it so crappy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brandie, I feel for you! I can't imagine if my husband was picky like yours... I'd get so frustrated!!! I will post the foccacia sometime today (hopefully!), and I'll email ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. I like most anything with roasted red peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole package is so beautiful and yummy for sure! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Althought I am not vegetergian but the sauce looks really creamy and nice. Cant wait to try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts