Peanut Butter Fudge Krispies

 Farmers Wife Original.

Growing up Rice Krispy treats were like a household staple, and quite possibly the most fun dessert we made. I remember helping my Mom make them for different occasions, and always thinking that some day I would make them with my kids. Recently I had a craving for rice krispy treats made from Cocoa Krispies, and wanted to do something a little different with them. While sitting up late one night, in bed with my Hubby, we went over a few possibilities. (He's so awesome!) Eventually coming up with a Cocoa Rice Krispy treat with a peanut butter fudge and a chocolate ganache topping. I got your attention now huh? These were pretty freaking awesome, if I do say so myself. Now I don't do desserts all that often, I'm more of a breakfast/dinner kinda girl. I love a good dessert, just hate the mess of baking. But these were surprisingly easy, and totally decadent and delicious! I made them about a month ago when my Brother In Law came over for dinner, and with him being the pickiest member of my in law family, I never honestly know whether he'll like what I make or not, but this particular evening with Buttermilk Chicken and Mashed Potatoes for dinner, and this for dessert... Honestly I've never seen him eat so much so fast! lol! So I think that was a good sign that these were pretty bomb. My little sous chef absolutely loved helping make these, and enjoyed eating them even more! Just one piece of advice... Make sure you have milk on hand to go with these! They're rich, and worth it!!

Ingredients:
Krispy Treats:
6 cups Cocoa Krispies
4 cups Mini Marshmallows (or 1 10oz. bag of regular sized marshamallows)
3 Tablespoons Butter

Peanut Butter Fudge:
2 cups Sugar
14 Tablespoons Milk
4 Tablespoons Shortening
4 Tablespoons Margarine
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter

Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
8 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
4 oz. White Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Cocoa Krispies, stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Or make in the Microwave:
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Remove and add in the Cocoa Krispies and stir until well coated. Using
buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Microwave cooking times may vary.

Once treats are done, let chill in the fridge for about 1 hour. Then in a medium sauce pan combine the sugar, milk, shortening, margarine and salt. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Once it reaches a boil, let it boil for 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla and peanut butter. Pour on top of the Krispy treats, it will sink in and create a fudge within the treats. Cover with foil and chill again for 1 hour. Once chilled, make the ganache's by cooking the heavy cream and chocolate chips in the top of double boiler's over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally. *You are making both a white chocolate and semi-sweet ganache*. Once done, pour the semi-sweet ganache over the chilled treats, and spread out. Then drizzle the white chocolate over that with a fork. Chill until ready to serve.

Review:
These fall into the easy, but slightly time consuming dessert category. However overall they were pretty simple, and absolutely worth the extra work! We give these 5 stars, and I will totally be making these again soon!

The Farmers Wife

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Giveaway going on until April 22nd, and enter to win a great cookbook!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! These look so good! They're sugar free right? :-)
    I think these would be great for an Easter Treat..not that we won't have enough candy already!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These should be called Rice Krispies Extreme...LOL. I love to make cocoa krispies treats. Such a good idea to add the peanut butter and more chocolate on top. Makes it like a fancy grown-up version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those pretty things! Oh my goodness you have my mouth watering haha...I really love this recipe. I am so craving some sweets right now because I gave them up for Lent...so I am now craving these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! I must make these and eat them all. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea....kids will be amazed and super happy:)
    Thanks for sharing
    https://mywanderingspoon.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/manhattan-beach-farmers-market-homemade-carrot-soup-kumquats-bagel-shop/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really liking the peanut butter fudge, makes these more decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look so good! Peanut butter and fudge? Yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I'm coming over - your treats are too good not to be shared with the rest of us!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut butter makes the world go round. This sounds so delicious. Fudgey, chewy, crispy, chocolatey. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your husband sits up in bed to discuss rice krispy possibilities. :) That is so sweet. I checked out that buttermilk chicken, sounds delicious, I'll have to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right. These cocoa krispies, peanut butter fudge, chocolate bars are over the top!
    They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your guys comments! I would love to have y'all over to enjoy these treats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh my dear..this looks so fantastic and delicious! Great recipe too..thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who doesn't love rice krispie treats?? These look over the top fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ganache on the top just puts this over the top! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog and I wanted to pass something along... An award is waiting for you here http://cookingitalianinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-galore.html. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant! It's like a grown up version of the classic....droolworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear. These look like trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness,these look amazing. peanut butter, chocolate and krispies - what's not to love?
    thanks for sharing Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! Peanut butter fudge with the krispies and decadent chocolate ganache? What cruelty. I'm needing one or two right now. I just love how it's also a team effort with hubby helping you devise such a gorgeous creation. That is just so lovely (ok, I'm jealous: wish mine would help think up, he eats up). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These would not be safe at my house. Not safe at all. I'd give them about oh 2 hours. lol ♥- Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - these look SO GOOD!!! Can't wait to try them!

    Sarah from The House That Ag Built

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for participating in April's YBR :) They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just reading this from your holiday tips and they sound fantastic. I'd love it if you would enter them in my virtual cookie swap & giveaway by mentioning g them and providing a link to this post. I think everyone would love them. I know I'm going to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts