Jordan Rolls

 Adapted from The Southern Plate.

Happy Tuesday all my friends! Man time really flies when your cooking huh? Hard to believe Easter was already 2 weeks ago (ish) and I made these amazing rolls for the first time...

Now if you're new to blog world these rolls are probably brand new to you, if you're like me and stalk read lots of different blogs you've probably seen these countless times. So why you may ask am I even bothering to post about them... Because I've never seen them done in the bread machine before!!! ;-)

It's probably not shocking to you that I adapted this to my bread machine. Y'all know I have a very abnormal love relationship with my bread maker (seriously... the way it makes those delicious morsels of doughy goodness... speaks to me on some cellular level). Now I want to clarify, I do know how to make bread without the machine. There, I admitted it, but remember I have a 2 (almost 3 year old!!! AHHH!) and to have my hands in dough for extended periods of time, well let's just say bad things happen. Pants get taken off (His, not mine!), movies get put in the DVD player with tiny fingerprints all over them, every single toy in the toybox (which is a lot... remember he is, at the moment, the ONLY grandchild on both sides!) makes it's way all over my living room floor, crayon's get used (luckily not on my walls... YET!). Suffice it to say, I love my bread machine. ;-)

So when I decided I was going to finally try these famous rolls for Easter this year I knew I had to try making them in the bread machine. Not only because I had a LOT of cooking to do the day before to make everything for the 3 of us (I was determined to only spend a short time in the kitchen on Easter), so that was another reason to make these in the bread machine. Here's the thing, they were amazing! I did have to change the recipe slightly to make it work, and I did only make half a recipe since it was just for the 3 of us. But these are the fluffiest, softest, most amazing rolls that I have ever had! I was in shock. As soon as these made it's way out of the oven I split one open, spread my favorite strawberry preserves on it, and shared it with my hubby and son. They were a hit!!! They were also huge (note to self, cut them smaller next time... haha!) I hope you'll give these a try, and if you want to make them the Christy Jordan way you can get the original recipe here!

Ingredients: for an 8x10 pan
3/4 cups Warm Water
4 Tablespoons Melted Margarine or Butter (plus more for brushing on rolls)
1/4 cup Solid Vegetable Shortening
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg, slightly beaten
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Packet Fast Acting Yeast

Directions:
Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed, or according to your manufacturer's directions. Place pan in bread machine and select dough setting. Once the dough is finished, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Then pat into a rectangle, about 3/4 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut 8 (for giant rolls) or 12 (for dinner roll size) squares. Place into greased 8x10 pan. Cover with a clean dish towel, and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes *Tip to create an even warm place, turn your oven on to 200F degrees for 1-2 minutes then turn it off. Place your covered pan in the oven to rise, remove rolls before preheating.* Once risen, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Once oven is ready, bake rolls for about 25 minutes. Once golden and done, remove from oven and brush the tops with more butter. Serve warm.

Review:
These were so easy, absolutely delicious. We just adored them. I've made them once since with this exact recipe and they were perfect! I give this 5 stars and I will TOTALLY be making these again!

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. They look great! What did you adapt to make them in the Bread Machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I halved the recipe since the 3 of us don't need to eat that many rolls. Lol! And I had to increase the flour by a 1/2 cup. But thats it, so not a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy!! We would love for you to come and link them up to 2 Maids a Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some Jordan Rolls. Christy is the bomb diggity..LOL. Nice to be able to do them in the bread machine too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rolls look so good! I'll just drool over yours, because, if I had a bread machine, I would be making bread all of the time, and then we would have to eat them. Way too many carbs for my husband! Great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these rolls look delish!! I will have to give them a try soon : ) Nothing like a good homemade roll : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little bread junkie heart went a pitter patter. ;) These look so very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your recipe, and I am here because I love your blog!:)) Wonderful pictures, making me want some of those rolls right now!!!:) Thanks for sharing dear, and have a awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fantastic idea to use the bread machine. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG These look so YUMMY!! I'll definitely have to try this recipe.

    P.S. Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have her cookbook with this recipe and that was one of the ones that was calling out to me. Now that I've seen your pic of it and read your glowing review, I'm more convinced than ever that I'm going to have to make these and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that they can be made in a bread machine! I cannot wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts