Philly Cheesesteak

Philly Cheesesteak, Farmers Wife Original

 You may not know this about me... I love Philly Cheesesteaks.. And I mean LOVE them! I would eat one everyday if my waistline approved. I'm not entirely sure when the obsession started, and I've never actually been to Philly either, but once it was there is refused to go away. A few months ago I found this Philly Cheesesteak frozen package with everything, meat, rolls, onions and cheese. And it gave me an idea, why can't I make these at home? I know it's crazy that it took me seeing that to realize I actually could make this at home, what can I say? I'm slow sometimes. So a few weeks ago when I found cube steak on sale at our store (and when I say on sale I mean WOWZA it was a big sale!) the wheels in my head started turning, I started drooling all over the place, it wasn't a pretty sight in the middle of the store, you know what I mean because it's a natural reaction for a foodie. haha! I promptly bought the other ingredients needed for this and made them for dinner, and oh baby... It was GOOD! My hubby even ate it, and these really aren't his favorite (isn't he sweet to eat my favorites?!?). Next time you want a cheese steak I hope you'll consider this one!

Ingredients: this will make 2-3 sandwiches
2 Cube Steaks
1/2 White or Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 Bell Pepper, thinly sliced *optional*
1 Tablespoon Butter
Worcestershire Sauce
Steak Seasoning  *I used my Hubby's steak rub*
Cheese of choice *Provolone, Mozzarella, Cheddar*
Steak Rolls

Directions:
Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, grease with olive oil and add the steaks. Season the top side with a splash of Worcestershire and a sprinkle of steak seasoning. Turn after 4-5 minutes and cook on the other side, seasoning the flipped side as you did the first. In a separate pan melt the butter, then saute the onion and pepper adding a sprinkle of steak seasoning until soft and caramelized. Once steaks are mostly done, remove from the skillet and with a sharp knife slice thinly, add the sliced steak back to the skillet and let it cook another couple minutes then remove. Split the steak rolls and place open side up on a baking sheet. Top with steak, then onion and pepper mixture and cheese. Turn on the broiler and place the baking sheet in the oven, keep close eye on it, you want the cheese to melt and not burn and the bread to toast lightly. 2-3 minutes. Remove and serve warm.

Review:
I really really love this, I'm sure it's not quite your traditional cheese steak but it has SO much flavor it just to die for! I give this 4.5 stars since I don't make it that often.

Comments

  1. Yes, this seems really yummy! Different!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite sandwiches! ... with tofu steak, of course :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good Philly cheesesteak. You can't ever go wrong with melty cheese and meat in my book. These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to eat this everyday if someone would let me. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, I've never actually had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. I've had steak sandwiches and even some with cheese but never the REAL thing. I think I need to change the status quo on that now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to try this soon! I love the idea of a Philly Cheesesteak at home! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love a good Philly steak and cheese. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I will eat just about any meat on a bun that is slathered in cheese..lol. Love hubby's steak rub too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...mmmmm! Philly cheesesteaks are crazy-delicious!! I don't blame you for wanting to eat them every day...I do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby is a mad cheesesteak fan as well. What a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You bet I will try this-it looks awesome. I usually order these out, but that is going to change. Thanks for such a great sandwich recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you SO much everyone for your wonderful comments! I am wowed beyond belief that y'all like this recipe so much!! HAHA! It's such a simple recipe, I hope you all love it like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My oldest likes to order these when they're on the menu! I will have to make these for dinner one night...I have a feeling I'll love them, too~

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're such a clever and creative cook! My husband would go wild over this. So glad you shared...sometimes simple ideas are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice and a great way of serving with the bread. Simple food at times are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous cheesesteak looks wonderful
    following you on google friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts