Red, White and Blueberry Rolls

Red, White and Blueberry Rolls, Farmers Wife Original
  Happy Fourth of July my Blog Family!!! As some of you may know, in the Farming community the only holidays our guys get off are Thanksgiving and Christmas. So quite often the other holidays either get put on the back burner or ignored completely. But you see there is this one slight exception... Food! I can't pass up the opportunity to cook a huge holiday specific meal, that would be like blasphemy in my world! ;-)

I'm sure it's no surprise to you that this is a breakfast recipe, as I am the self proclaimed breakfast queen. We just love breakfast, I mean what isn't there to love about it? You get to eat sweet sticky morsels of goodness just because it's "Breakfast", what more could you ask for? A few weeks back I had this idea, something I had never seen before, Cinnamon Rolls with White Chocolate and Blueberries with a Red Strawberry Glaze... Yeah baby. I was a little skeptical of how exactly they would turn out, but man were they good. Yes, they were very sweet but served with a side of smoky bacon and cheesy eggs... This was the perfect holiday breakfast! And you know the rule of thumb, if the little Sous Chef devoured it, then it really must be good! ;-) I hope y'all will like this, and have a wonderful celebration today!

Ingredients: small recipe yields 9 rolls
Dough: adapted from bread machine magic (can easily be made without a bread machine)
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Water
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast

Filling:
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter or Margarine
Cinnamon Sugar mix in a shaker (or 1 Tablespoon of each mixed together)
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips

Glaze:
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1-2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Strawberry Preserves

Directions:
Place dough ingredients in your bread machine in order listed or according to your manufacturers directions. Select dough cycle and go relax while it does the hard work for you (hehe!). OR you can make this in a stand mixer with a dough hook and let it knead the dough and then let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Once the dough is done, turn out onto floured surface and using a rolling pin roll out to an 8x14 inch rectangle. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix evenly all over the dough. Then sprinkle the blueberries and white chocolate leaving about 1/2 inch border at the long ends. Starting with the long edge, start rolling up the dough, pinching the seams to seal. (Some berries and chips may fall out, that's ok just stuff them back in.) Using a sharp knife mark 1 1/2 inch sections. Using a sharp knife or dental floss cut the rolls. Place the rolls into a greased 9 inch cake pan, flattening them slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm oven for 30-40 minutes *Tip turn your oven on at 200F degrees for 1-2 minutes, then turn off and place the rolls in there. Be sure to remove the rolls before pre-heating the oven.* Once risen, remove from the oven and preheat to 350F degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and prepare the glaze by whisking together the ingredients and drizzle over the rolls. Serve warm.

Finished Product!
 Review:
These are sweet, sticky and wonderfully delicious! I would give them 4 stars, as I won't make them that often but will definitely be making them again!

Happy Independence Day!
The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Happy 4th of July to you and your family. Your rolls look the perfect assition to your "holiday" breakfast.
    If your Sous /chef likes thethey have to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July! These rolls look like they are a wonderful way to celebrate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Honey - these look amazing. What a fantastic way to celebrate the 4th! =D YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I am saving this recipe for sure!!!! happy fourth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how festive and definitely delicious!! I Love these rolls, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my flipping heck! Are you kidding me?....There goes the 12 lbs. I lost!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great looking rolls! Very festive colors, and appropriate for our Independence day celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look incredible! Hope you had a fabulous 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These rolls are making my mouth water! They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! I wish we would have had people over so I could cook up a storm. I`ll have to get more breakfast recipes from your site. Not a breakfast eater but the family is forcing me to start eating all my meals.lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea!! I bet those blueberries burst open after that trip to the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am bit late but I have to say that these rolls look amazing..great flavor and they look very delicious Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holiday's give such good reasons to bake. ;)

    Blueberries and white chocolate...pure yum right there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What awesome looking rolls. My lips are smacking already. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your rolls up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sound like a unique, delicious combination for a sweet roll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts