Sausage and Pepper Pizza

Sausage and Pepper Pizza, Farmers Wife Original
 Another week is almost over... I swear it's hard to believe how fast time flies these days! Some of you may know this already, but I tend to make pizza most Friday nights as it is easy and well who doesn't love a pizza night? I get tired of eating the same old pizza all the time, unlike my boys who I think could live on Pepperoni Pizza... lol! Sometimes I mix it up and make a BBQ Chicken Pizza, or add some veggies and pineapple, just whatever makes it a little different. Until a few weeks ago... I had an epiphany one afternoon. I wanted a sausage pizza, and I wanted it BAAAD!! ;-) That was when I went digging through my fridge. I can't say it was a pretty sight at first, when all the contents of your fridge/freezer make it's way onto your counter it can get a little messy... This is when I decided to clean out the fridge and freezer and to make a really long story short what was left, after my escapade, was the makings of this pizza. And it was worth it! I loved the texture and taste of this pizza so much I think I want to have it's babies... ;-) Yup, I went there! Trust me on this one, it's that good!

Ingredients:
Pizza Dough: adapted from Bread Machine Magic
(I made homemade but you can easily use a store bought dough)
This is for a bread machine - Makes a "medium" pizza
1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Sugar
3 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast

Pizza Toppings:
Pizza Sauce (I used my spaghetti sauce and added garlic and oregano to it)
1 lbs. Italian Turkey Sausage
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 cup Turkey Pepperoni, chopped
1/4 Onion, diced
1/4 Yellow, Orange and Red Peppers, thinly sliced
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Place dough ingredients in bread pan starting with wet ingredients. Select Dough setting, and press start. Once the dough is finished, using your hand form a round pizza crust either on your pizza pan or a pizza stone.

In a large skillet heat half the olive oil, and saute the onion, and peppers. Once soft, remove from pan and set aside. Place the other half of the oil into the pan and cook the sausage (remove from casing and crumble into pan) until browned. Then add the pepperoni and cooked peppers back in. Pre-Heat oven to 350F degrees. Spread desired amount of sauce on to pizza crust, and then top with half the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and then add remaining sausage mixture. Then top with mozzarella and bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Serve warm.

Review:
While I absolutely adored this pizza, my Hubby was slightly less enthused... lol! So overall I'd give this 4 stars.

This weeks Guest Poster is Heather from BasilMomma with a fabulous recipe I know you'll just go gaga over!

Happy Cooking!
The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. I am generally a meat lover when it comes to pizza toppings, so I really understand the craving.
    Sometimes cravings can be a real motivator when it comes to cooking and you really have come up with a winner. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty darn sure I NEED this NOW! YUM! I love onion, peppers, cheese!...this is my kinda pizza!

    *Come link it up to "Made it on Monday" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...a pizza night...I would be in heaven. ;) This looks delicious. I haven't had sausage pizza in forever. Nice little healthy twist with the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am craving pizza also! Hubby and I are going to try to grill one on the BBQ tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making pizza at home! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade pizza is THE best! Looks absolutely fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will share your liking for this pizza. Sausages and peppers, how can you go wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, now I want pizza! Looks so gooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :)) I am craving pizza everyday:))) This looks fantastic Kim..awesome and tasty looking pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I miss this post? How did I miss this? Love it. Love it! I love me some pizza with all kinds of stuff on it - especially sausage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts