Italian Chicken Tenders

Italian Chicken Tenders, Farmers Wife Original

As most of you know I have a son, a very silly, picky, food obsessed son. He is affectionately called my Sous Chef, and he loves this title. He will go around telling people "I'm the Sous Chef, and Mommy is the Head Chef!" He has this adorable John Deere apron that he wears when he helps me in the kitchen, and he is always full of ideas for new dishes. Well not too long ago my little Sous Chef asked me to make him some crispy chicken tenders for dinner. Now I have my go to recipe that I always make, but this particular night I was running low on ingredients to make them and was really tired. So together my little Sous Chef and I came up with this recipe, Italian Chicken Tenders.

Now I don't know if I'd really go so far as to say they are Italian... But we used Italian breadcrumbs to bread them and add flavor and my son deemed them Italian. lol! These came together pretty quickly once we decided what we wanted to do, and we all really enjoyed them that night. We made a special honey mustard sauce to go with as that is our dipping sauce of choice and sat down to a delicious meal as a family, a meal that came from the mind of my *almost* 4 year old!

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders (or about 4 breasts cut into tenders)
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Non Stick Cooking Spray

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400F degrees, and spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray. Then in a bowl combine the eggs and milk, set aside. In another deep dish combine the breadcrumbs, and spices. Dip each tender into the egg mixture making sure to evenly coat, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture until fully coated. Place on your baking sheet and repeat with remaining tenders. Once all the tenders are coated, spray them with the cooking spray (this will help seal in the crumbs). And bake for about 15 minutes, carefully flip them over and bake for another 5-10 minutes depending on your oven, until golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked. Serve warm with you favorite dipping sauce.

Review:
These came together so fast and really were full of flavor and very juicy. My son gobbled them up and so did my Hubby! I added the extra spices because my breadcrumbs seemed fairly bland and we like extra garlic, but you can leave them out if you want. 4 stars.

Happy Cooking!


Comments

  1. Looks like something my two picky eaters would love!! Tell your sous chef Well Done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Real Italian or not, This works for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts