Perfect Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Perfect Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Farmers Wife Original

For years I have been in the search of the "Perfect" oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. It is probably safe to say that oatmeal raisin is my absolute favorite cookie ever, but it has to meet specific requirements to be good in my book! First off they must be soft and chewy, no hard and flat cookies for this Momma! Yuck! Second they must have an abundance of raisins, lots and lots of raisins, otherwise it's just too oatey. Third they must have a really good cinnamon/spice flavor to them. Yes I realize I am very picky about my cookie, but you know you feel the same! (and if you don't you will after you try these!)

With my pregnancy I've been craving these cookies something awful, honestly for months. I tried a few things, but nothing was really what I was searching for. Then finally one Saturday towards the very end of my pregnancy I decided that enough was enough and I WAS going to find the perfect recipe... And I did!!! I wish y'all could've seen my big ole pregnant self dance around the kitchen when the first batch came out of the oven... I was beyond happy with the results. Not only did they produce the smell I was hoping for while baking, but they were puffy and chewy and totally delicious. I fell in love! My son woke up from his nap smelling these fresh out of the oven and the look on his face at that first bite so perfectly mirrored my own that I just knew I had done it, I found the perfect recipe. But that wasn't enough, I then proceeded to make every person that came to my house for the next few days also try these so I could get their opinion in hopes that my pregnant taste buds weren't being wonky. And sure enough they all agreed, it was the perfect balance for an oatmeal raisin cookie!! I was so happy with this success, and I'm so glad to share it with you now!!

Ingredients: makes roughly 16 cookies
1/2 Cup Margarine, softened
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 Cup Raisins

Directions:
In your mixer blend the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla til smooth. Then in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low-medium speed until combined. Then add the oats and raisins and mix well. At this point chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour. Once mixture is chilled, spray your cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray, and using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop drop scoops of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on your sheets. Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.

Review:
These were so super easy, the dough came together so quickly I couldn't believe it! The key to keeping these fluffy and chewy is the chilling time though, so do not skip this part! You can also scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet and freeze them before baking, and once frozen place the rounds into a ziploc bag so that you always have cookies ready to go that just need baked! We give these a 5 star rating, they were just that good!

Happy Baking!


Comments

Popular Posts