Sausage Egg Pizza


Sausage Egg Pizza, Farmers Wife Original

It's really no secret that we like breakfast foods in our house. If you're a long time follower of my blog you will already know this. I'm constantly experimenting with different recipes to make for breakfast, or in most cases breakfast for dinner. But this recipe actually isn't new to our family, I've been making it for years, but because I only make it about once or twice a year I tend to forget about it.

This recipe is one of those that was born out of my desire for a fairly quick and easy dinner and very little in the house. (If you ask me sometimes those are the very best recipes.) And it was such a huge hit I often wonder why I don't make it more often... Oh right... The Calories. Let me tell you, I've done everything I can to cut the corners and make this slightly less fattening, but it really is one of those meals you just have to forget about your waistline for a little while and enjoy. Plus it is very kid friendly, and when you have a picky eater sometimes all that really matters is getting them to eat semi peacefully. This comes together so quickly, and it's one you can get the kiddos involved in making too. My son just loves helping squish the crescent dough into the pan for the crust, and the kind of gooey sticky feeling of it all. lol! So next time you're in a bind, I hope you'll give this a try. It goes great with a cup of coffee and some hash browns!! YUM!

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Bulk Pork Sausage (don't get maple flavor)
1 8 oz. Tube Crescent Rolls (I like the reduced fat)
6 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
Dash of Dried Parsley
1 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar

Directions:
In a skillet cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain off fat. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degree. Unroll crescent rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 pan, press dough 1/2 inch up the sides and seal the seams. Sprinkle with the sausage. In a bowl beat eggs, add in the milk and pepper, pour mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle with the cheese, then bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and the eggs are cooked through.

Review:
This is a big hit in my house, even my little sous chef eats it!!! It's a nice change to the normal pizza night in our house, and if you're like us and never get to actually eat breakfast together, it's nice to have breakfast for dinner every once in awhile. This is great with a simple fruit salad on the side and a big cup of coffee! 5 stars.


Happy Cooking!



Comments

Popular Posts