2013 Update and Cheesy Cream Chicken


Happy 2013 y'all! Man it's crazy how fast this last year has just flown by for my family. I usually do a recap post around Christmas, but I'm going to summarize it for you and give you a new recipe!

As you may remember in last years Year End post I announced the pregnancy of our sweet baby girl Little Miss Nikki! The overwhelming love and support my family felt from you all was just amazing, including all your prayers as my delivery approached and I started having complications. I can't tell you how thankful I am that I was able to ask for you prayers during that time, and we really felt it! Now we have our sweet baby girl, and our family is complete. We've enjoyed every moment of her little life, and are looking forward to the year to come.

Little Miss, 7 Months Old

Speaking of Little Miss, she is doing fabulous! Growing and learning so fast! At 7 months her vocabulary is up to 3 words, "Mama", "Dada", and "Bubba" (for her big brother). She is rolling all over the house, sitting up on her own, feeding herself, and almost crawling... Since the Christmas Tree is still up I'm not rushing the crawling... lol! She is so full of life and this little girl loves with all her heart. I love watching her and "Bubba" play together! They just adore each other!

Little Sous Chef aka Bubba, 4 1/2 years old

I took a bit of a break this year with pregnancy difficulties and homeschooling starting up with our now 4 1/2 year old Son! AHH!!! I can't believe he's in preschool already, this Momma is feeling old tonight. We successfully finished potty training last year, and he is just thriving in his school work. He is spelling and starting to read some 3, 4 and even 5 letter words! Excelling at basic math, and is basically crazy smart! He astounded me just this morning with the question "What kind of word is the word 'so' Mom? Like is it a noun or verb?" Needless to say this Momma had to look that one up.. haha! He is completely in love with his baby sister and the feeling is quite mutual I must say. They have a wonderful relationship that I pray will only get stronger as they grow.

Farming Hubby with Little Miss

My Farming Hubby has been so busy this year, keeping up on the farm as well as being there for me and the kids so much this year! I know it's not always easy being a farmer and when you add a new baby to the mix, well let's just say I feel incredibly blessed. He's currently into the computer game Minecraft for any of you gamers, and as always his beloved Sci-Fi shows. lol! Our kids just positively adore him and the feeling is mutual. I'm so thankful for him!

Me and Little Miss

As for me, well my life consists of changing diapers, cleaning, feeding, cooking, teaching, and the occaisional nap. lol! The truth is my family is my life, so when you read about them you read about me. But I want to say that I'm beyond thankful for all of you, and you support this last year!

And now for the recipe!!


Since I'm short on time basically all the time these days, cooking is something that needs to not take up all my day. And recently I had one of those days where I was downright exhausted, had defrosted chicken to make a different recipe only to fall sound asleep on the couch and forget that it needed to cook for over an hour. So instead I looked in my pantry and threw this together. And honestly I'm shocked to say even my picky 4 year old loved this! This was a crazy easy and cheap meal, one that I plan to make again!

Ingredients:
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (I buy the fat free, low sodium stuff)
1 Cup Sour Cream (I use fat free)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
1 Cup Shredded Cheese of your choice, I used an italian blend I had on hand

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. In a lightly greased 9x13 pan, place you chicken breasts. In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over chicken. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is warm and bubbly. Serve warm with some cooked rice or mashed potatoes.

Review:
Honestly I'm surprised to say I'd give this a 4 star rating. For as crazy simple as it was the flavor was there! Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts