Lemon Pudding Cake ~ Mother's Day Guest Post!


Happy Mother's Day y'all! It's amazing for me to think back a year from now and remember being extremely pregnant (and extremely grumpy... lol) and now here we are a year later and our sweet baby girl is about to turn 1 year old and we're celebrating yet another Mother's Day! It's been a crazy year!

As some of you may remember not so very long ago my own Mom did a guest post on my blog, and it quickly became one of the most viewed recipes on the site. That's such an awesome thing for me to say, that my own Mom's recipes are more popular than my own! ;-) But today I have another very special "Mom" guest post for y'all, from my very own Mother In Law! 

Now I know some of y'all are like "WHAT?!?" haha, I know the reps Mom in Law and Daughter's in Laws have, but I am blessed to be very close to my MIL and am so glad that my kids have such a great Gramma around! When I asked her to do this post I know I made her very nervous, but I told her y'all would be nice. So please my dear friends and readers, give my MIL, aka Karen a very warm Farmers Wife Welcome (she is the original farmers wife after all!)

_____________________________________________


Q&A with Karen (The Farming Mother In Law)


 #1 Tell us a little about yourself and your family, how long have you been married and a mom?
    I'm an only child but we didn't have much money for 'fussy' meals.  With that background, getting married and cooking for anywhere between 2 and 8 every day, (it varies most every day) well, it's been a learning experience for sure!  I've been married 34 yrs,  “The Farming Hubby” is our second of 4 amazing blessings!  Our youngest has recently left the nest, the last to do so.

#2  When did you first start cooking, and have you always enjoyed it?

    The first thing I made on my own at age 6 was pancakes from scratch. Once when my Mom was sick, I think I was about 8, I doubled the recipe in my head knowing only that I needed to make more than normal.  I took a cooking class in High School but never got much encouragement otherwise, so cooking became something I just did, and just “do” because we have to eat.

#3  If you could eat one thing every day what would it be?
    Ha!  My first thought is “something someone else made!”  I like a variety of foods so I don't get bored with anything, so it might be many months before I make the same recipe again.  Also I'm pretty sensitive to whether my crowd likes something or not.

#4  What inspired today's recipe?

    I like simple, short recipes that end up tasting “WOW!”  If you can't tell from the way I've answered, family is VERY important to me, so I'll find recipes to fit that, to make something they like.  This was in a book that my Maternal Gramma and her friends got together to produce, so even though this wasn't specifically her recipe, I think about her when I make it.

#5  What makes you choose to make this recipe for your 'crowd'?

    The cake mix I use is labelled “U” which makes it safe for my dairy-free oldest daughter to enjoy when they visit.  For a recent family birthday party for 4 of us, this was the dessert of popular demand, even from the youngest, 4 yrs old.  Two 1 yr olds ate it, every crumb;  the finicky eaters ate every bite;  even my husband, who is not big on cakes will eat a small piece.  It's a wonderfully moist, lemony (easy) dessert!



Lemon Pudding Cake

Ingredients:
1 Lemon Supreme cake mix (Duncan Hines)
1 instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
3 cups +/- sifted confectioners sugar
3 Tblspn boiling water
3 Tblspn butter or marg (I use a non-dairy margarine when I make this dairy free)
1/2 cup lemon juice

Directions:
Mix together cake mix, lemon pudding mix, oil, eggs and 3/4 cup water for 5 minutes.  Bake in ungreased 13 x 9" pan at 325* for 45 - 60 minutes.  Mix confectioners sugar, boiling water, butter and lemon juice.  Puncture cake with fork;  pour sugar/lemon mixture evenly over and around it.  Let stand 3 - 4 hours.

_____________________________________________
 

 Thank you Mom in law for this post, see I told you they'd all be nice! ;-) I can honestly say from experience this cake is delightful, our family is very picky and we all just adore this cake and that goes for both of my kiddos too! It's so super moist and easy, I know y'all will love it! 

So from my Mom In Law and I, we pray you all have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day, filled with Food, Love and Happiness! But above all... FOOD! ;-)

Happy Mother's Day!

                    
The Post was featured on: Everyday Mom's Meals

Comments

Popular Posts