Pastashelli

Pastashelli, Farmers Wife Original Recipe

 Howdy y'all!! I hope this post finds you healthy and enjoying your summer! We've been inundated with birthday parties,work and working on getting ready for this coming school year. Wondering about why it's June and I'm worried about school already? Well as some of you know we're a homeschooling family, and our little 5 year old son is now ready to start Kindergarten, and when I say ready I mean we'll be doing double lessons a day to get through it quickly because he already knows over half the curriculum. lol! He's begging me to go ahead and start this summer so that hopefully in the fall he can start 1st Grade early... Yes, my 5 year old WANTS to do school, he's crazy I know. But anyway lesson planning is taking up far more of my time than I ever really expected, hence the blogging hiatus recently.

 So now that I've probably bored you to death, I'll now share with you one of my kids new favorites! I was at a loss on what to make for dinner one night, going through my cupboards and freezer and getting down to the bare bones of my food stash. So I took half a box of this and that, some partial cans of tomato sauce and frozen hamburger meat and made this delicious creation. Now I have to put a disclaimer here... My hubby was not a fan, however he can't stand ground beef unless it's the expensive good stuff. But he did eat it, so it can't be that bad right?!? But my kids... Oh they scarfed it down faster than they eat dessert, and that's really saying something! This recipe makes a ton, so feed an army or stick the leftovers in your freezer because this is a meal that freezes BEAUTIFULLY!!!! ;-)

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Pasta, I used half Elbow and half Shells
1 lbs. Ground Beef
1/4 Onion, diced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
22 oz. Tomato Sauce (I used about a can and a half)
1 Roma Tomato, finely diced
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella

Directions:
In a large stock pot cook the noodles to your desired doneness, drain and put back in pot, set aside. In a large skillet add the olive oil, onion and garlic and cook for about a minute. Then add the ground beef and brown. Once the meat is cooked add the sauce, diced tomato and spices. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes to bring the flavor together, add more seasoning if desired. Once cooked, add the sauce to your pot of drained noodles and mix well. Add the cheese and let it melt and get all gooey. Serve warm with more cheese on top, and salad and garlic bread on the side.

Review:
Honestly this meal came together so fast, and my kids loved it so much that I will make it again. Especially since it freezes so beautifully! You could also use ground turkey to cut down on the fat content in the meal. I give this 4 stars!

Happy Cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts