Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats, Adapted from Cookies and Cups

Remember when you were a kid, and you had a last minute bake sale, or slumber party and the easiest and most requested treat was a Rice Crispy Bar? I know that's how it was in my house, Mom always seemed to keep the stuff to make up a last minute batch of them on hand just in case. And I never tired of them, they were always delicious, always fun to make and I have great memories of helping my Mom make them.

But now here we are, 2013 and it seems the Rice Crispy, while still very popular and delicious is getting a makeover. I think we have all the bloggers, such as myself, to thank for that. As we're always trying to come up with the new food to share with you all, even things that were once sacred (like the rice crispy treat) have changed. And now we have them turned into fudgey bars, decadent desserts, and even adding new and different cereals to it! And that brings me to today!

This isn't my original recipe, while I try hard to only share recipes that are mine, every once in awhile I have to share one that we enjoyed so very much and can't really take the credit for it! I have Shelly of Cookies and Cups to thank for this amazing recipe! I made them for my dear Sister (in law, but who cares about titles!) who is far away at college. We sent her a care package a few months back and this was something I thought of knowing how she used to steal all my Cinnamon Toast Crunch whenever she'd come visit my house, and I wanted something different to send her. And let me tell you they were FABULOUS! I made extra and my whole family loved them, and my Sister said that they were a delicious treat to get her through finals! So I hope you'll give this a try for the die-hard Cinnamon Toast Crunch lover in your life, because let's face it, who doesn't love sugary, cinnamony filled cereal with ice cold milk.... Dang... I'm hungry now. ;-)

Ingredients: I doubled the recipe below to make a 9x13 pan
4 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 10.5 oz. bag mini marshmallows + 2 cups mini marshmallows reserved
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
Spray a 9×9 square pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the bag of marshmallows. Continue cooking and stirring until melted through, then add the cinnamon. Remove from heat and stir in both cereals and extra 2 cups marshmallows. Quickly spread into prepared pan and with waxed paper, or greased hands, press down evenly. Once cooled cut into desired shapes and sizes.

Review:
These were so simple, yet wonderfully decadent! The original recipe calls for drizzling them with white chocolate, but since I was shipping these all the way across the country I wasn't sure how the chocolate would hold up, and let me tell you it wasn't needed! We loved them, and my son now asks for them all the time! 5 stars.

Happy Baking

Comments

Popular Posts