Easy Potato Soup

Easy Potato Soup, Farmers Wife Original

Ahhh... It feels good to be back! Finally have a computer that's working again... It's been an interesting month y'all! lol! It started a few weeks ago when our 5 year old thought it would be a cool idea to try to plug my phone charger into a port on my laptop... Fried my motherboard... Yeah... That was not a good day... But My amazing Hubby was able to recover all my files and set me up with his old desktop. I've just been biding my time waiting for him to get his junk I mean files off of it. ;-)

Then my whole family came down with colds... And these were NASTY! For anyone who's gotten the nasty head cold that went around last month I am truly sorry for you... cus it was bad! I'm glad to say we're over it and getting life back to normal! But that is what spurred this lovely soup recipe I'm about to share with y'all!

I don't know about you but when I'm sick all I want to eat is soup (did I mention I lost 5 lbs. while being sick?!? Oh yeah baby! haha!) but I quickly get tired of the traditional Chicken Noodle or Rice soups... So I came up with this, and it was delicious, creamy and my whole family LOVED it! Now granted our sinuses were stuffed up, and our taste buds were off... So i guess if you hate it blame it on my nasty head cold... Lol! ;-)

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/4 Onion, diced
1/3 Cup Bell Peppers, diced (whatever colors you have or prefer!)
1/2 Cup Diced Ham (I cheated and used deli meat... but it worked and tasted great!)
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Pepper to taste
1 16oz. Package Diced Frozen Hash browns (sometimes called southern style but with no seasoning)
4 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Cups Milk
2+ Cups Sharp Shredded Cheddar (to taste)
Toppings:
Diced Green Onion
Crumbled cooked bacon
Cheese
Sour Cream

Directions:
In a large stock pot melt the butter, once melted saute the onion, peppers and ham. Add the flour to make a roux, then add the hash browns (frozen is fine) spices, and chicken stock. Let the cook on Med-high heat until potatoes are cooked through and it's slightly thickened. Add the milk, and cheese and stir to mix and melt the cheese. Serve warm with your choice of toppings and crackers or fresh baked bread!

Review:
I know this sounds almost too easy to be true but it really was good, smooth and very comforting. We loved it with some leftover garlic french bread. 4 stars.

Happy Cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts