Bacon PepperJack Mac

Bacon PepperJack Mac, Farmers Wife Original

Merry (almost) Christmas y'all! I know I know, it's December and I haven't posted in a long time. But I hope you'll forgive me after I share this amazing new cheesy recipe with you! I've been playing around with pasta recipes lately because they tend to be cheap and really quick to pull together at the end of a long day. And with homeschooling believe me it gets busy

I love a good cheesy pasta, but let's be honest... Who doesn't? There's something so comforting about it, especially on a cold night. Which it just so happens to be tonight. Yes, it even gets cooler here in the dessert... Just not freezing. ;-)

I really wanted something I could cook in one pot, that my whole family would enjoy and came up with this. It's not anything super special, or even a new concept to the blogoshpere, but I wanted to share my version of it because if I can make this in half an hour I know you will want to try it too! ;-)

Ingredients:
16 oz. Small Shell Noodles (you can use any pasta you prefer, Elbows, Rotini, I just like these)
3-4 Strips of Bacon, diced
1 Tablespoon Butter (optional if you find you need more grease for the roux)
1/4-1/3 Cup Flour
2 1/2 Cups Milk, I used 1%
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder (or to taste)
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
3 Oz. Cream Cheese (I used Fat Free)
2 Cups Shredded PepperJack Cheese
1- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions or til Al Dente. Drain and set aside, using the same pot cook your bacon on medium heat until crispy. If you find you don't have enough grease from the bacon add the butter, bacon varies a lot in fattiness. Add the flour and mix well forming a roux, will look like a bacony thick paste. Add in Milk and spices mixing with a whisk until smooth, let it cook on medium heat until a thick sauce forms, stirring often. Add in the cream cheese and let it melt, then add in the other cheeses. At this point taste it to add in any other spices you want. Once it's all smooth and creamy add the pasta back in to the post and mix well with cooking spoon. Serve warm, you can top it with more cheese, bacon bits or whatever your heart desires, plain is good too!

Review:
Well my kiddos liked it, I like it, and the Hubby likes anything with cheese and bacon. ;-) We give this 5 stars and I will be making it again! Enjoy!


Happy Cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts