Breakfast Turkey Burrito Bowl

 


I know, it's been a couple months since I posted a recipe... Life has been just a teeny bit crazy! But it's been a mostly good crazy! I'm hoping to get back to normal posting again, but I wanted to share this delicious breakfast burrito bowl with you!

I love me some breakfast burritos, it's one of my go to, easy dinners! Especially when my family can reheat it and use the leftovers as breakfast. And the best part, my kids loved it and had NO idea how healthy it was! I like to use crock pot liners when cooking this, so clean up is super easy after dinner.


Ingredients: 10 servings

1 28 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns with peppers and onion
1 12 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
1 16 oz. turkey chorizo (Jennie-O is the brand I used)
10 eggs
1/4 cup milk or almond milk
Salt, pepper, cayenne and dried cilantro to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese.

Directions:

Cook chorizo on stove top until cooked through. In the crock pot combine the frozen veggies. Top with the cooked meat. Mix together the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over the meat and veggies. Top with cheese. Cook on low for 5 hours. Serve warm either in a bowl with salsa or in a low carb whole wheat tortilla as a burrito.

Portion Fix Counts per serving: (not including if eaten with a tortilla or added salsa)
1/2 Green
1 Red
1 Yellow
1 Blue

Comments

Popular Posts