Smoothie

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

Ok, just about everyone knows how to make a smoothie. You throw a few fruits and some other stuff along with ice in a blender and whip away! But I like having a basic recipe on hand sometimes for those nights when you really want a smoothie but are too brain-dead to remember how in the world you are supposed to make one of these delicious things! Tonight is such a night for me.

For those of you who follow me on Facebook you probably already know that I have been having an ongoing battle with our local delivery guy. Now not to bash the company or anything, they did successfully deliver a package to me tonight after my hour long rant with both corporate and the local office. For some reason our driver thinks it's cool to leave packages not at our door, but instead at our trash can... I'm so not kidding you. Both times this has happened has been with food items, and guess what they smelled like by the time I found them.... Yeah I'm pretty sure you get the picture. Well anyway, after spending my day ranting and talking so much at one point today I had very little voice left, I am one extremely exhausted Momma! Luckily for me dinner was easy as we ended up not eating the dinner I made last night (individual pan pizzas!! Yeah, they were pretty bomb!), but then there's the dilemma of dessert, because we all know that after a long day you HAVE to indulge in some sort of dessert! And since I'm tired, lazy and trying to still keep on track with losing weight, smoothies sounds amazing to me right now!

But here's the kicker... I actually made these a few days ago, lol! And unless someone wants to jump through the computer screen and make one for me, I really am too tired to even blend. Haha! I'm such a loser I know, blogging instead of drinking a smoothie... Don't you feel the love and loyalty?!? You really should... Cus now I'm thirsty... Oh and yeah, I get kinda loopy and take lots of rabbit trails when I'm tired... ;-) Ok anyway, this is an easy basic recipe, that is very low in fat and calories, and goes great with Banana Cinnamon Chip Waffles!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 cups of halved Strawberries
1-2 Banana's
1/2 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
1 6oz. Container of Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt (I used Walmart's brand, only 80 calories!!)
1 6oz. Container of Lowfat Raspberry Yogurt
1/2 cup Milk (I used 1%)
16 oz. of Ice

Directions:
Remove the leaves from the strawberries, and slice in half. Place into your blender. Then add in the banana, raspberries (and any other fruit you would like), yogurt's and milk. Puree until smooth. Then add in the Ice and pulse until broken up, then puree until smooth and creamy. Pour into 8 oz. glasses, this recipe made 3 8 oz. glasses.

Review:
I told you it was basic, but it really was tasty and hit the spot! My boys just love this, and you can mix it up with different fruits and yogurts! 4.5 Stars!

Comments

  1. Sorry about your troubles, sounds very frustrating. I have issues with AT&T, and no phone service, but that's another story! I swear to you, I still go to the Internet to remind myself on how to hard boil an egg, AND how to make a smoothie, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the frustrations of the UPS man! He leaves our packages on our carport..towards the back of the house! The only way I know to look there now is when I'm home and I see him running past my dining room window! But, to hear it from the main office..he knocked and knocked and nobody answered! Ha!
    Smoothie looks and sounds great! All of my favorite fruits! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lovin' the idea of putting yogurt in the Smoothie! Great recipe...and I feel your delivery service pain. (I had similar issues with another service. A box with several bottles of Italian coffee syrups made it all the way from California to my street in NYC, where I watched from my window as the driver DROPPED the box enough times to break all of the glass bottles inside. Back on the truck it went. Yes, thousands of miles traveling and one dude couldn't carry it fifty feet to a safe goal. You are so right. It is frustrating! :))

    ~ Cleo
    Coffeehouse Mystery.com
    Cleo Coyle on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you guys.. lol! I have to say these stories are making me feel a little bit better. It's really gotten to an all time ridiculousness when it comes to customer service huh? It's as if these companies forget that we are paying them for a service, and as such expect the best possible quality of service they can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you added raspberry yogurt in there too!! You poor thing!! I would totally make you a smoothie if I lived closer...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies, that is all the the family loves them! What a smart idea to boost the raspberry flavor with raspberry yogurt! Hope this was the last time they "missplaced" your packages :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so frustrating! Here in Israel they wont deliver packages to the house you have to pick them up at the post office and sometimes it takes a week or longer after your package as arrived to let you know its even there!!!
    Your smoothie looks wonderful :) I love them on warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yogurt, berries, bananas...mmmm... nice!! Refreshing treat!

    Don't give your mailman cookies when Xmas time comes around! Nor a can of pepsi when it's scorching hot out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They leave your packages by the garbage cans? That's just wrong on so many levels! That driver should be fired for that! It's a health hazard! It's bad enough it was food...what if it was something for your child & they became sick because of this?
    See, now I'm ranting! I got your back Kim!
    That said, I hope you enjoyed your awesome smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love smoothies. All the berries and yogurt sound so refreshing. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your smoothie with all of those yummy fruits and yogurt, was the perfect way to end your exasperating day!

    I must be in the minority, because my UPS guy has to leave the boxes on my porch, and he does!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have definitely given a piece of my mind to the delivery guy.
    your smoothies sounds great. thanks for sharing Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks sweet and refreshing. What a perfect thing come summer. Can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts