Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

Have you ever gotten an idea stuck in your head that just won't go away? I get that ALL the time, typically it's food related. (I really think about food way too much... haha!) Recently I got this idea stuck in my head to make a panini using Roasted Red Peppers. Some of you may know that my obsession with Roasted Red Peppers has been fairly recent, not that I've never had them before now, just didn't obsess about them until recently. lol! When I made my Hoagies a few months ago, the obsession started, I'd forgotten just how delicious these babies were. And ever since then I've been keeping either a jar of them around, or fresh to roast myself (recently though it's been jarred only as our peppers have been looking kinda gross...) and not long ago I made Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, which I've now made a few times and have gotten rave reviews from family. But I couldn't end there, I knew there had to be more recipes that show cased how amazing red peppers are. Finally it hit me, really early one morning while I was sipping my first cup of coffee... Panini's... How I hadn't thought of it sooner still boggles me. But I was determined, so I invited my Sister In Law over for lunch, and decided she could be my guinea pig! (hehe! Aren't sister's the best?) The panini's came off the grill right as she walked in the door, we sat down at the table, and next thing I know the sandwich's had disappeared!! (ok not really, we scarfed them down as if we'd never seen food before, but that's beside the point.) They were AWESOME! I made them again this week for my wonderful Hubby, and he loved it too! So to end a lengthy post, that has quite frankly made me very hungry, I recommend you try these, and soon!

Ingredients: makes 4 sandwich's
Sauce:
1 whole Roasted Red Pepper
1 Green Onion
2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayo (more or less depending on consistency)
Dash of Oregano
Pinch of Freshly Ground Pepper
Pinch of Salt
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Sandwich:
8 Slices of Bread (I used White, but Italian, Wheat, Sourdough, would all be great!)
4 Slices Provolone Cheese (or cheddar)
Sliced Chicken Breast Lunch meat (I used roughly 4 slices per sandwich, but use how much you want)
Sliced Tomatoes
1 Roasted Red Peppers, thinly sliced
Olive Oil

Directions:
In a food processor, or blender, combine the sauce ingredients. Puree until mostly smooth, and easy to spread. You can make this ahead of time and keep covered in the fridge. Heat your Panini maker or grill pan, and spray with cooking spray. Brush Olive Oil on one side of each slice of bread. Then spread a layer of sauce on the opposite side. Layer your chicken, cheese, tomato and peppers. Top with another slice of bread, sauce side down. Repeat with remaining sandwich's. Cook until golden and the cheese is melted. Serve Warm.

Review:
This was simple and yet pretty light sandwich, one that was exploding with flavor! The sauce stays fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. 4 stars.

The Farmers Wife

Psst... Don't forget to enter my Giveaway for the cookbook 5 Ingredient Solutions! Going on until Friday the 22nd!

Comments

  1. I love to grill sandwiches with roasted red peppers too - they add such terrific, bold flavor. Your panini sound wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh girl this sounds awesome..I love the way you made this panini!! Great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry! i think about food too much too... but mostly those thoughts drift off to cakes and desserts...lol

    your panini looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love roasted red peppers! your panini looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy - I love hot sandwiches. I mean - LOVE them! That sauce on there is what does it for me - such a good idea to put all those ingredients together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roasted red peppers...yummy...excellent addiction to have. :) The sandwich looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, panini. And roasted red pepps are a great addition to panini!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That panini sounds great! Love roasted red peppers and always fun to use them in other ways. I think about food and have ideas in my head all the time, too! Sometimes I feel like it's all I think about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's me again. Looks like tomorrow is sandwich night. My family and I having Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini. It's going to be good. Cannot wait! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh this sounds yummy good!! Kim, I have never thought to make a panini with my peppers. WOW! I, too, am in love with roasted red peppers, but I grew up on them...they play a big role in our cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your delicious blog! Paninis can contain so many good items--sometimes a complete meal in themselves. Thanks for sharing!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got through reading your guest post with Brandie. Love your site and I'm excited to be a follower:) And the panini of course looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like this panini! And Hi to all the newcomers! I love having you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum this looks so good. i am a big fan of paninis and I love love love roasted red peppers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts