Breakfast Parfaits

 Farmers Wife Original Recipe.

Happy Tuesday Ya'll!! It's hard to believe another weekend has passed us by and we're almost halfway through our week already. Man time sure flies when you're busy cooking! You know, I've been holding onto this recipe for awhile, because in all honesty it's not all the special. It's not fancy, it's something just about anyone can come up with, and I already have a ton of breakfast foods on the blog. But here's the thing... So few of them are really a weekday, throw together and feel healthy breakfast food, and since that is something I know is important in my life I thought it was time to share!

I know, I make a lot of breakfast foods... I can't say exactly what the appeal is, maybe it goes back to being a kid and looking forward to those special family breakfasts where we actually gathered around the table in the morning. Or maybe it goes back to my memories of visiting my Grandparents and enjoying the cheese eggs, and fresh blueberry muffins, and some form of bacon or sausage and her delicious orange juice and later in life coffee... Or maybe it's the desire to eat a meal that goes well with my coffee... HAHA! All of the above are possibilities, though as my Hubby would say most likely it's the last option. ;-) But now that I'm an adult I can't let myself eat a full of butter and flour muffin every morning, I can however eat some fresh fruit, with a low-fat yogurt and some homemade granola... And honestly I don't miss the muffin! This is the most basic of recipes, with you can doctor up to your preference's, but I do urge you to give it a try! And putting it in a fancy cup just makes it taste even better! ;-)

Ingredients:
1 6 oz. Container of Low-fat Yogurt (I like Vanilla, Cherry, and Raspberry)
1/4-1/3 cup  Fresh Fruit, diced (I like a combo of berries and banana)
1/4 cup Granola

Directions:
If using homemade granola make that ahead of time. Then slice up your fruit. In a pretty glass, layer your parfait. Yogurt first, then fruit, then granola. Repeat until glass is full and yogurt and fruit are used up. Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 hour.

Review:
What I love SO much about this is you can totally change up the flavor by using different flavor's of Yogurt or different kinds of fruit. Also if you make your own Granola you can add whatever spices and dried fruit you want to that, making this recipe SO versatile! Also a little tip, Wal-mart's Low-fat Yogurt is not only cheap but a 6 oz. container is only 80 calories! Lower than most low-fat yogurts! 4 stars.


Don't forget to tune in this Friday for another Friday Featured Guest Post, this week with Lauren from Forever Now and Then!

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Oh such a healthy breakfast meal! If I eat this everyday I think I would be much thinner... I tend to eat carbs like 1 big bagel and crossoint.... This one is quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love parfaits, and I would love to wake up to one of these! That would be one awesome start to my day... yummylicious, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total breakfast foods kinda gal too. I NEVER miss breakfast. It throws me all off if I don't eat in the morning. Love this. Of course, I could eat this all day long..not just breakfast..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try and eat healthy starting with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome Kim..I would eat this for breakfast, dinner or dessert haha...great delicious and refreshing recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Kim, I would be delighted to have this any time of the day! Yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great breakfast!! I really really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never bring breakfast to work, but should. I'm just lazy in the morning. THis is something that would taste delish and not be time consuming! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your parfait looks delish, and healthy, too. We sometimes make a version of your parfait fro a light, healthy dessert. gotta love that yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ya'll!! I too eat this for dessert sometimes, it's just so refreshing and yummy! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may be simple, but it is quite pretty. Great, healthy breakfast item there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somewhere in my reading blog posts this weekend, I saw a breakfast parfait that had the fruit (like kiwi, bananas and strawberries) sliced and arranged very artistically. Which I could remember!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts