Seasoned Potatoes

Seasoned Potatoes, Farmers Wife Original Recipe.

Happy Saturday Y'all!! I know I don't normally post on weekends, but I just couldn't wait to share this recipe with you any longer! Especially since more cookouts happen on the weekend, and you just have to give this a try!

I don't know about y'all but when we grill out a nice steak or chicken like the Balsamic Chicken from last weekend, we love a nice side of potatoes. They just go together, I can't explain it, but they do. Now personally I think mashed or baked potatoes go best with Steak, and seasoned with Chicken. I know, I'm weird, though I'm fairly certain we've already established that... haha! When I was growing up my Mom would throw some potatoes with a little oil and Lipton Onion Soup mix together, and put it in a foil packet and my Dad would grill them up. Now those potatoes are good, I still make them on occasion. Except last weekend I was out of soup mix... lol! But with our heat here in AZ I wasn't about to turn on the stove to save my life! So I concocted my own potato seasoning and then wrapped it in foil like my Mom used to and had the Hubby cook them on the grill... Oh Baby...

Best. Decision. EVER!

They were so moist and full of flavor. Even my little Sous Chef ate these potatoes, and let me tell you, getting him to eat any potato that is not a french fry is pretty dang hard so they got the kid stamp  of approval! We served ours with Non Fat Sour Cream on the side and some green onions on top and it was so good... ;-)

Ingredients:
4 Medium Russet Potatoes
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder (Less if you aren't garlic obsessed like we are!)
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste

Directions:
Peel and wash your potatoes, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes. In a medium bowl mix together oil and and spices. Then add your potatoes and toss til coated. Lay out a large sheet of foil and place your potatoes in the middle, in as thin a layer as possible (if need be create a wider piece by taking 2 sheets and folding them together in the middle to create a larger sheet.) Then fold up the sides and seal by folding them together to prevent leaks, creating a little packet. Heat your grill to 350-375°F, place potatoes on the bottom grate and cook for about 20-30 minutes turning the packet every 5 minutes for even cooking. You'll know they are done when you open the packet and the potatoes are browned and fork tender. Serve warm.

Review:
I really was amazed with these. I can't tell you how nervous I was creating this at the last minute, but they were so good and went fantastically with our Balsamic Chicken! And since the little sous chef ate them too I would say this is most definitely a 5 star recipe! Happy Grilling! (you can also do these in the oven if you don't have a grill, just place them on a sheet pan and bake for about 20-30 minutes at 350-375°F.)

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Isn't it great when you can do your own and not rely on some store-boughtmix!?! That's a great seasoning, Kim!
    I also love to grill potatoes in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! Yes I'm with you there, I love making up my own mixes, they are so much better plus then you really know what's in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a flavorful way of cooking potatoes! I'm sure it turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole meal was really good, I was surprised at how easy it was to cook these on the grill, and they complimented the chicken perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love potatoes! These look sooo good and flavorful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm these sound great! I've never tried cooking potatoes in foil packets. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this looks fantastic..I hear you about getting kids to eat potatoes other than big bake potato or French fries..but this really looks and sound so tasty!!! I think that my little one would even love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great, and the seasoning is so easy! Much better than a mix, and just about as easy!
    I know, I can't get my kid to eat potatoes! If I cut them small enough, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a flavorful and delicious way to cook potatoes. thanks for sharing Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. That seasoning looks spledid! Wow! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy...I always have room in my heart for another potato recipe...especially one I can toss right on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Kim! I found you through Basilmomma's Blog Hop!

    I saw that photo of seasoned potatoes and immediately became hungry! Potatoes...the ultimate comfort food!

    Have a great day! Sherri
    http://www.FoodBasics101.com
    Facebook- http://tinyurl.com/3nd53r4

    ReplyDelete
  14. Potatoes are just wonderful and we can't imagine them not being delicious,no matter how they are prepared. Love that your hubby did these on the grill, AZ or not, who wants to turn on the oven in summer?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts