Cran-Apple Butter


Adapted from Mommie Cooks.

If you're like me you love fall, and everything about it. The colors, the smell (yes fall as it's own smell, trust me!), the foods, the weather... And even though I live in a warm climate and our trees don't change colors, and leaves don't fall, and the weather doesn't drop as drastically as I might like, I can still make fall foods! This is the second time I've made Apple Butter in my crock pot, the last time was when I was pregnant with my now 2 year old and it was purely out of an intense craving then. This time my 2 year old was asking for Mommy to make Apple Butter and I came across this recipe. I urge you to try this soon, it has an amazing flavor and your house will smell like fall withing 20 minutes of this cooking! I honestly could see making this and only having it cook a couple hours til it's all soft and serving as a side on Thanksgiving Day!

Ingredients:
10-12 Apples, Chopped (I used Gala Apples)
3 Cups of Whole Cranberries
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of White Sugar
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Cloves
4 Shakes of Salt

Directions:
Peel and chop the apples, and toss in the crock-pot in a cap full of lemon juice. Add in remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low for about 12 hours. It will be a nice dark color. Once cooked transfer it to a blender and puree until smooth. Then can or store in an airtight container.

Review:
We love this butter! I like it better than just plain Apple Butter, has a better flavor by far. I made a Cranberry Oat Bread to go with it, and it's just a wonderful fall treat! This makes a great gift for the holidays as well. I very highly recommend you make this soon. 5 Stars.

Comments

  1. This Cran Apple Butter speaks of Fall, and my two all time favorite flavors. I haven't seen cranberries in the stores yet? Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I buy them in bulk every year when they come out and freeze them to use all throughout the year. I haven't seen any in stores quite yet either, but it will probably only be a matter of weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts