Italian Chicken Panini


This is a Farmers Wife Original

You know those days (everyone has them), where nothing sounds good, it's dreary and your tired from whatever your day's tasks were? For me it's cleaning and chasing a 2 year old, and trying not to look too haggard at the grocery store (where they know me by name... should I be scared by that?!?). We had a day like that not too long ago where I just felt like dinner needed to be as easy as could be but I wanted something new, out of that came this sandwich. It has quickly become a favorite, and quite honestly I've used this sauce for wraps, and on salad's too and love it which is why I make extra sauce! I hope you give this a try, and love it as much as we do!

Serves 4
Ingredients:
For sauce:
2-3 Tablespoons Mayo
1-3 Teaspoons Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade and Sauce (more or less depending on personal preference, I typically do 2)

Sandwich:
8 slices Italian Sandwich bread (or your favorite bread)
4 Slices Provolone Cheese (or Cheddar, my hubby likes his with cheddar)
Roasted Chicken Lunchmeat, (I get hillshire farms chicken breast lunch meat)
Sliced Tomato
Butter

Directions:
Mix together the sauce and taste it, add more sauce to your preference. Next heat your panini pan or grill pan. To assemble the sandwichs, butter one side of each slice of bread, on the other side spread a little of the sauce. On top of the sauce layer your desired amount of chicken (about 4-6 slices), tomato and cheese. Top with a slice of bread sauce side down and grill to your desired browness. Serve warm with a side of sliced fruit or a nice soup.

Review:
We really loved these. I was a little hesitant at first, but have made them several times since that first night and both my hubby and I love it. It would be good with a little spinach added if you wanted, but we're not huge spinach fans so I leave it off. You could also add more sauce if you wanted, or have some on the side to dip if you really love it! 4 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts