Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Chips


This is a Farmers Wife Original

I was in need of dairy free dessert this past weekend for some wonderful company, and wanted something light and yummy! We had my Sister in law and her hubby over for dinner, and had a wonderful dinner of Chili and fresh baked Bread (also dairy free), and after a heavy meal like that you want something light. I have to say I was very pleased with this recipe, and could see this being a wonderful addition to your holiday menu, or any party menu as a appetizer/dessert. You can mix up the combo of fruits as well, for the holidays you could use cherries, apples, raspberries, kiwi (for that red and green color!) or whatever your favorite combo is! I truly encourage you to make this soon, if you are anything like me fresh fruit is delicious any time of the year!!

Ingredients for Salsa:
1/4 cup diced Mango
2 diced Kiwi's
1/4 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup Blackberries, sliced in half
1/4 cup Raspberries, sliced in half
1 tablespoon Strawberry Preserves
1/2 teaspoon Lime Juice

Cinnamon Sugar Chips:
5-10 10in. Flour Tortilla's
Vegetable or Butter cooking spray
Cinnamon Sugar mix in a shaker

Directions:
Combine the fruit together in a small-medium serving bowl, in a small container mix together preserves and lime juice til it's a glaze like texture. Pour over fruit and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Cut into wedges. Coat wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray. Arrange on a baking sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture. Both items can be made ahead of time, just place cooked chips in a plastic bag and cover and chill the fruit til ready to serve.


Review:
We really enjoyed this. It's a great change from your normal heavy dessert, and very easy to put together. I made this up earlier in the day and just arranged it on my serving tray when I was ready to serve! I very highly recommend this recipe, it's light, but absolutely delish! 4.5 stars.

Comments

  1. This looks delicious and so creative too! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I love the fruits you picked for the salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love fruit salsa at my house! My recipe is a little different. I will have to try yours out. I think all of the berries sound delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts