Grilled Terriyaki Sandwich

 Inspired by Stephanie Cooks

As you know I tend to adapt most recipes to fit either my family or even my mood. I think the original looks delicious, however I couldn't find her original ingredients in my local store, so I made the changes below. I highly recommend this sandwich, even during the winter months. Get out your grill pan and enjoy a summery treat! Now for those of you without a grill pan, let me just say, go get yourself one it is a purchase you will not regret. I do not typically splurge on kitchen items (as much as I want to!!) but I did on this a few months back, and I've used it weekly (sometimes several times a week) ever since! It's more than paid for itself, and we just love it! I recommend one that is reversible so one side is a smooth griddle, and the other is a grill pan. Now back to the recipe, I hope you will try this soon! If a two year old, and a picky Brother In Law will eat this happily, I think you too with get rave reviews!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
3/4 cup Kikkoman terriyaki sauce
Pineapple rings, or Pineapple wedges sliced thinly
Provolone cheese (optional)
Potato, or onion buns
Mayo
Lettuce, tomato, red onion (optional)

Directions:
 Place the chicken in a ziploc bag with 1/2 cup of the terriyaki sauce, make sure it's well coated. Marinade chicken for 1-2 hours. Heat a grill or grill pan and cook the chicken until cooked through. When the chicken is almost done add the pineapple to the grill, spread a small amount of sauce on each side of the pineapple. Once grill lines appear flip the pineapple. Assemble the buns with a little mayo, and a slice of provolone on one side. Top with a piece of chicken, and a pineapple ring. Add lettuce, tomato, and onion (if desired.)

Review:
We really enjoyed this sandwich. It was a nice change from a typical sandwich or a burger. My 2 year old enjoyed the chicken by itself with some pineapple on the side and we were a happy family! 4 Stars.

Comments

Popular Posts