Hot Chocolate Mix

 This is my Mother In Law's recipe, that I've adapted some.

The Farming Husband grew up drinking this hot chocolate, it's quite obviously his favorite. I remember the first time I watched my Mother In Law make a HUGE amount of this mix up because everyone drinks it all day long, I'm pretty sure my eyes were as huge as the container she uses to keep it in! Well since the Farming Hubby doesn't live with Mommy and Daddy anymore, obviously I now make my own large container of this wonderful mix. Now since both the Hubby and I love chocolate I've upped the amount of Nesquik in this recipe, doubled it actually, lol! We just love this wonderful treat, it's rich and creamy, and very chocolatey, great with peppermint added to it, or cinnamon. The Farming Husband adds one peppermint to his travel mug of it every morning before heading out to work. This would be great to have as a drink option for your Thanksgiving or Christmas guests, or even packaged up as a gift.

Ingredients:

6 cups NesQuik
2 cups Non-Dairy Creamer
1 cup Powdered Sugar
10 cups Powdered Milk
Directions:
Add all ingredients together in a large container. (I use a container that had an energy drink powder in it, that says it holds up to 80 oz. or 5 lbs. and this recipe fills it.) Put the lid on the container and shake, shake, shake. Mix until everything is well combined. Use 1/3 cup scoop per 8 oz. of hot water.

Review:
We really love this mix. It's foamy, and rich, great topped with whipped cream or marshmallows. My favorite is to add a peppermint, and let that melt into it, top it with whipped cream and some small peppermint pieces. Yum!! This will keep in a sealed container for about 6 months. 5 stars.


Comments

Popular Posts