Orange Cranberry Bread

 Adapted from Liv Life.

As a part of my seemingly obvious fall series right now, this bread is being added to the series. When I first saw this bread featured on Liv's site, I knew I'd be making this very soon. I love fruity bread, especially for breakfast on a Sunday morning with my family. I couldn't find any oranges, or plain orange juice in my local stores, probably because of the holidays coming up, so I improvised as I often do, and the result was a wonderful, light, soft sweet bread. I planned to make this into french toast for breakfast on Sunday morning as a thank you to my Sister In Law for watching the Farming Tot, while the Farming Husband and I went out for our anniversary. I'm pretty sure it did the trick, ;-)! We gobbled it up as fast as we possibly could. Now I know I've gotten your hopes up for a recipe to use this bread as French Toast, and I promise you it's coming, but I'm going to make you wait a few days because first you need to try this bread by itself. You won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup pineapple orange juice (room temp)
1 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/4 cups bread flour
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons yeast

Program machine for a Sweet Bread (your machine's "normal" setting will work just fine), 2 pound loaf on the light crust setting. Add ingredients into your machine in the order recommended by your manufacturer, typically the order I have listed. You could easily make this in your stand mixer and bake it in the oven, but I don't have settings for that.

Review:
We loved this bread, I think it may be my new favorite breakfast bread. It has a light orange flavor that compliments the cranberries so well. It's soft, and yummy and make a great French Toast (coming soon!). 4.5 Stars.

P.S. Thanks to all my wonderful readers for getting me to 1200 views!! That's over 600 views in just the last 6 weeks. I appreciate you all and hope you continue enjoying The Farmers Wife's blog and recipes! God Bless, and Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular Posts