Happy New Years!

Today I don't have a recipe for you, (I'm sorry!) but I want to say a big Happy New Year to each and everyone of you. This last year has been so amazing for my and my family and I hope you don't mind as I share some of our reflections of how our last year was.

At the very beginning of this year we bought a new house. Now this was both an exciting and extremely trying time for us. We lost 2 houses we really liked along the way by being outbid, one is actually in the same neighborhood we live in now. But in the end God really blessed us with an AMAZING Realtor, none of this would have happened without her, she's become a good friend and I feel so blessed to know her. And though our house is not our dream home, it is home. We love it here, and our neighborhood, and we have room for our family to grow which is the most important part. We also sold our former residence really quickly, which was such a blessing to us to not have to pay 2 mortgages!

Our son, The Farming Tot has grown SO much in this last year! Some days I look at him and wonder where my little baby went, because he is such a big boy now! This last year he said "I love you" for the first time, and it's something he now says everyday and it warms my heart so much! I've gotten to watch him grow from being a very dependent baby to this independent toddler that he is now, with SO much life and personality (much of which has really come forth in the last year), he adds such a brightness to both mine and the Farming Hubby's day. Now he's not perfect, the terrible twos really have been terrible, but to watch as he overcomes even those temper tantrums has been... well interesting. haha! But recently I got to watch him with one of his "cousins" (not really a cousin but may as well be), and saw how gentle he was with his young cousin. It really warmed my heart to see that side of him. He will be a great big brother!

We found out that we are going to be blessed with a Niece or Nephew next year around the Farming Tot's 3rd birthday, and couldn't be more thrilled! The Farming Tot thinks it's so awesome, and prays for his new cousin every day. I can't wait to meet this little person, I know my Sister-In-Law and her Hubby will be amazing parents and I can't wait to spoil my little Niece or Nephew!

I also want to say thank you to all of you who read this blog, and have helped it get to where it is today! I never thought almost 2 years ago when I first got the idea to do this that I would have a marketing contract on my blog, and be a featured publisher anywhere! What started as my way to keep track of my favorite recipes has turned into something beyond my imagination and is honestly a dream come true! I love to cook and invent recipes, and I love being able to share them with all of you. I really look forward to another year with you all, and can't wait to see what the future holds for this Farmers Wife!

Now I have a feeling some of you may be hoping for some big announcement at the end of this, and while I know a lot of my fellow bloggers have made a lot of announcements in the last week or so, I do not have one for you. This last year has had it's fair share of ups and downs, some of which are too personal to share over a blog post. But through it all this has been a place for me to escape and come to my own little food world and forget for a little while the struggles and fears of life. I hope that this next year will bring some wonderful changes not only to this blog, but also to our Farming Family in general. I hope that you all will bear with me through these changes, and I can't wait to start the journey of another year with all of you, my faithful readers! I look forward to some of the new challenges I'm planning for myself (one of which is Royal Icing!!), and to sharing more recipes with you all!

I also want to say a big Thank You to my Farming Hubby! He has been an unending source of support for me as I've moved forward with this blog. He's helped me with fixing layouts when the HTML is just way to confusing for me. And he's even become a faithful reader himself, which I appreciate so much! Not only is he my guinea pig with each and every new recipe I create, (and I appreciate your honesty honey, it helps me so much!) but he's also great at helping me figure out what little tweaks can make a recipe even better! I wouldn't be The Farmers Wife without you babe, I love you so much!

Also a big thank you to the Farming Tot (though he can't read this himself... haha!), he is also my guinea pig, and a lot of the times how I measure if a recipe really is good or not. If a toddler will eat it, and want more, you know you've got a winner! (I honestly don't understand why they're not our food critics, they're the most picky palate to please!) I love when you come help me in the kitchen, and decorating cookies with you was the most fun ever! I love you, my silly boy!

I also want to thank all my friends and family who've supported me through this journey, and also give me their honest opinions on food and are my other guinea pigs! (Have you noticed that all the people in my life are "pigs"?!?! hehe!) I love that you all actually read this blog, and give me your honest opinions and support. It means so much more to me than you'll ever know!

I wish I had a reward to anyone who actually read this whole post... haha! Maybe in this next year I'll get up the courage to actually do my own giveaways, and take this to an even bigger level! I pray that you all have a blessed New Year, and that 2011 will bring a new adventure to each and everyone of you! God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts