What to look forward to!

Hello all my blog friends! I know I've been absent the last few days, we've been busy getting ready for Christmas and I haven't been feeling all that great either so I've been taking it easy. I had another cookie recipe I wanted to share with you all, but somehow in transferring the pictures to my computer they got deleted and I can't find them :-(... Oh well, instead I will entice you all with the baking I've got coming up the next few days and what you can look forward too! I am really excited to get to plan my own Christmas Day menu for us this year. I felt incredibly special yesterday at the store,  I got the VERY last Turkey Breast for the 3 of us, the last box of Gingersnap cookies for my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, the last bag of Peppermint Bark to make my Chocolate Peppermint Brownies (was going to use the Peppermint Hershey's Kisses but they were out of that). It was insane how many things were sold out already. It's times like this that I really miss living in a very large city. Where we are is pretty good size, but the variety is not what I'm used to and I do miss it. Luckily for me, my Mother is able to occasionally ship certain things to me (such as the Cinnamon Chips used in my latest cookie recipe!). Anyway, hopefully as a little inspiration to some of you here's my list of goodies for this Christmas!

Christmas Day:
Roasted Turkey Breast, with a Garlic Herb Butter
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Cinnamon Apples (a new recipe for these than my original!)
Rolls

Family Party day after Christmas:
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

I am really looking forward foodwise to this holiday this year. The Farming Tot is SO excited about Christmas for the first time, which has made this holiday season so much more special for The Farming Hubby and I. I can't wait to watch him open his gifts Christmas Morning, and my hubby for that matter to open his too. Well to close this I just want to say a huge thanks to each and every one of you for helping The Farmers Wife to get to where it is today, without my loyal readers I wouldn't be this far along and even though I never imagined it, I am so thankful for all of your input and comments. God Bless you all and from the Farming Family to yours I wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts