Cinnamon Apples *new version!*

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

I enjoyed planning our Christmas dinner SO much this year! I knew exactly what I wanted to make, had recipes dancing like sugar plums in my head, and yet somehow I lost weight this holiday season... Go figure! I've made a cinnamon apples recipe before, and while we enjoyed them, I wanted something that was more light on the spices and like the cinnamon apples we love to order from Logan's Roadhouse. These were amazing! The Farming Tot absolutely LOVES cinnamon apples, and he devoured them first before tackling the turkey. The wonderful thing about these apples was that I got to make them a couple days in advance and just reheat them in the microwave when we were ready to eat them! I love getting as much prep work done ahead of time as possible, and my one goal for Christmas Day was to not spend the whole day in the kitchen! And with the help of my wonderful Farming Hubby I didn't! He was so amazing, helping with dishes, and the turkey, he is the best turkey carver EVER! (Yes I just took you down a small rabbit trail... Did you enjoy it?!? haha!) Back to the apples, they were soft, and yummy, just the right amount of spice. I hope you'll give them a try!

Ingredients:
4 Apples, peeled and sliced
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Peel and slice the apples, set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted add in remaining ingredients and cook until the apples are golden and soft. Serve warm or keep in the fridge until ready to serve and reheat either on the stove or in the microwave.

Review:
Can't believe how incredibly easy this recipe is huh?!? I know, it's totally awesome! I love this as a side dish for not only holiday meals but just about anytime you want something different. It is very kid friendly, as the Farming Tot absolutely LOVES these apples. I have had wonderful results with making these a couple days ahead of time and just warming them back up. And as my hubby says they are REALLY good along with my Cranberry Sauce. 4 stars.

Comments

  1. I love cinnamon apples...it makes the house smell incredible too! :) Mmmm...I can taste these now...I need to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you make these in a crock pot?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts