3 Minute Brownies


Original Recipe found here.

So most of you know that my Hubby is a Farmer... What you may not know is that he is a geeky farmer... one who stumbles a lot! HA! Ok let me clarify, by stumble I mean that my hubby is one of the awesome millions that use the site Stumbleupon.com quite frequently. Ok I lied... daily. ;-) And because of this awesome site I get several links texted to me through out the day, normally I look them up asap and comment back. Well this afternoon my amazing geeky farmer sent me a link to a picture with instructions to make these 3 minute brownies. Now unlike my usual, I for some reason didn't look at it right away, in fact I don't remember getting it, but sure enough it was there in my message folder. Well after dinner tonight, I was doing my daily ritual of perusing cooking blogs, and the farming tot commented on The Brown Eyed Baker's White Chocolate Coconut Brownies, which I thought looked amazing. But my little guy just kept saying "Mommy, that's not a real brownie! Brownies are BROWN!!" Ha! Well that then ensued this hilarious conversation with my hubby:

Him: "Oh, did you make those brownies?"
Me: "Um... What brownies?!?"
Him: "The link I sent you..." Looks at me like how could my wife possibly forget a recipe including chocolate?!?
Me: "You sent me a link?" checks phone... "Oh, huh never saw it. Cool!"
Him: "So... we gonna go make them or what?!?"

Which of course meant a prompt visit to the kitchen by the entire family, all 3 of us crowding together to make these 3 minute brownies, and my boys literally pulling up a chair to sit at the microwave and watch these babies cook. Lol! Oh I love my boys! But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with these little bad boys. I mean who doesn't love the idea of a 3 minute, single portion, hot brownie?!? If you don't, well maybe you need to have your head examined. Sorry was that mean? Oh well, just consider me a chocolate freak. But seriously, try these, you'll be amazed!

Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Oil
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips
1 Microwave Safe Mug

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in a mug with a fork. Then add in the egg, oil and milk. Mix until well combined, making sure to mix in the bottom corners. Add in the chocolate chips and stir. Place in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes. The brownie will rise up out of the mug (depending on how large a mug you use), and then settle back down. Invert onto a plate and top with whipped cream or serve with some vanilla ice cream! Yum!

Review:
I've made microwave brownies before, and they are pretty awesome. Now I know not everyone is cool with cooking in the microwave, and generally I am with you on that. But so far with these 2 recipes (honestly the only things I have EVER tried to cook in the microwave), I have been pleasantly surprised by them both. These were moist, and chocolatey, and very cake like. I was very happy with these! 4 stars.

Told ya they were yummy!! ;-)

Comments

  1. Nice and you know I love a quick little dessert that I can make during the week. I am one of those people that have to have dessert after dinner!
    Oh, and I tagged you in my recent blog post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to find your blog via Brandie! We love all things chocolate in our household...going to have to try these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who new that you could have brownies in 3 min? That could be pretty dangerous:) The brownies look scrumptious with the frosting, swirled on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a pretty cool recipe... thank your geeky farmer for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I agree this recipe is slightly dangerous... All day long I've been craving one of these and fighting making one for myself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these little chocolatey 3 minute wonders! I think I will be going directly to the kitchen now :D Thank you for sharing, have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts