Bean Dip & Party Food

I know you can't see the beans... I was too hungry to take any more pictures!
 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

Ok so I know I did a whole thing on how I don't like the Super Bowl, and while that hasn't changed I do know that I am in the minority on this, and though I had planned to ignore the whole party food thing, I just can't! Going through my recipes and doing some early Spring Cleaning of the categories I realize that I have more party food recipes on here than I realized and I have another one I want to share. Bean Dip! I am sure that mine is about the 1 billionth bean dip recipe you'll see this week, but other than it being "the magical fruit" (yes I had to add that in there ! I live with only boys remember?!?!?) bean dip is the quintessential Party Food. You just can't go wrong with this, and the endless possibilities of bean dip... Now my particular recipe is served cold, but for variety you could make a warm bean dip and for that I highly recommend my friend The Country Cooks bean dip . Looks seriously fantastic to me! I may have to make this for Sunday while I watch every chick flick known to man! ;-) Look to the end of this post for links to more of The Farmers Wife's Party Food!

Ingredients: this recipe makes an 8x8 in. pan.
15 oz. can Refried Beans (I like the Fat Free)
8 oz. Sour Cream
1-2 Tablespoons Green Chili Sauce (Or Salsa, but I like the variety of the green chile sauce)
1/2 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Green Onions
Optional:
Sliced Black Olives
Diced Jalepenos
Diced Green Chili's (Though I wouldn't add these if you use a green chili sauce)

Directions:
In an 8x8in. pan spread the beans on the bottom, as your bottom layer. In a seperate bowl combine the sour cream and taco seasonings, once combined spread on top of the beans. Next spread your green chili sauce, or salsa on top of the sour cream. Sprinkle your desired amount of cheese over the entire pan, probably about 1 1/2-2 cups worth. Then layer on the veggies as you please. Cover with foil and let it chill for at least 1 hour before serving. This helps it firm up so its easier to serve. Once chilled serve with Tortilla chips.

Review:
So simple and easy, which is just the way I like it! I will occasionally make this for dinner for my hubby and myself because it's just so yummy! It does have a good bit of spice to it, but remember I'm from the southwest, so it's practically against the law to not make food spicy. haha! I hope you enjoy this simple recipe for your Super Bowl parties this weekend, and as promised here are links to some other party food from this Farmers Wife! Enjoy! 4.5 Stars.

Party Food!!
(So you know there is a specific party food category on the site, and all of these are listed there too!)

Hoagies (You can mix these up so much to your specific tastes, and make several for all your guests!)

Pineapple Mango Punch (This is guy approved, my man made up this concoction himself! Nice alternative to beer, cus I'm sorry but I hate that stink!) 

Cookie Pizza (I know this may seem more like chick food, but I'm sure you could get inventive and use the colors from your favorite team to make a design on your cookie!)

Pizza Bites (These are both man and kid approved, so if you have any kids coming to your party these are a must have!)

Potato Salad (Simple, basic, total man food! Add in onions or pickles as you see fit, or put them on the side!)

Italian Beef (Easy, delicious, and feeds a crowd! Serve with little buns, or big ones)

Crock Pot Savory Chili (Because every football party requires some good chili!)

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Chips (A wonderful dessert, that's different from your typical variety!)

Hope you all enjoy your Super Bowl Parties, and that this helps with our menu planning for the big day! I personally hope to catch every chick flick possible and chill with my family all day! ;-)

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Kimberly - you're the best! Thank you for the shout out! You can NEVER have too many bean dip recipes...lol! It really is the magical fruit..hee hee. It's hard to resist party food isn't it? I really like all the other recipes you have posted too. Definitely got those hoagies on my must-make list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandie, you are so welcome! I am really thinking about making a bunch of party food for sunday even though we won't watch the game. Ha ha! I hope you like those hoagies, I can't believe I went years without making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I really like super bowl! But I definitely think I like Super Bowl food more than the actual game! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL the number of times I had to tell my hungry friends to NOT touch the food until I've finished taking my photos... I know what you mean! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bean dip....a wonderful classic yummy. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts