Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Adapted from Bread Machine Magic.

Since tomorrow is Saturday, I thought it only fitting to share a most delightful brunch recipe with y'all! How I wish I could invite you all over to try this delicious cake, unfortunately I can't (mostly because it's all gone, haha!) so I guess you must make your own! Last Saturday a friend of mine was in town, so we decided to get together for Brunch, now you know me, I can't let anyone leave my house hungry. It would defeat the whole purpose of having someone over! I can't tell you the torture I put myself through trying to figure out what to make and changing my mind a million times (what I wore that morning, I had no problem choosing, but the food... I feel like a failure as a girl. Anyway...) and the stupid dough not wanting to rise because of our weather... It was quite an interesting battle for myself. However, this coffee cake did not disappoint! Even my little Sous Chef loved it! And I'm pretty sure my friend did as well, you'd have to ask her for sure but typically when a guest asks for the recipe I know that's a good sign! Ok, back to the recipe. This was so easy, and fluffy, and well... Nummy! I really hope you'll give this a try soon, and know that if I could have you over to eat this with me and a giant cup of coffee, I so totally would! (I mean seriously, any excuse to eat this coffee cake... so... who's coming over?)

Ingredients: this makes one 9 in. coffee cake
Dough:
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Water
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Butter, cut into cubes
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast (I like red star brand, dry active yeast.)

Topping:
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
2/3 cup Heavy Cream

Directions:
Place dough ingredients in order listed (or according to your bread machine's instructions) in your bread machine. Set on Dough cycle. Once done, grease a 9 in. cake pan. Roll dough out on floured surface til it's 9 inches in diameter, and place in cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled in size. About 30-45 minutes (or in my case 90 minutes...) *Tip * Turn oven on to 200F degrees for 1-2 minutes, then turn off and place pan in oven, remove before pre-heating.* Once dough has risen, take 2 fingers and poke holes all over the dough. In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping, and evenly sprinkle over entire cake. Then pour the cream evenly over the cake. Pre-heat the oven to 350F degrees, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.

Review:
The best part of this cake is that the topping becomes like it's own glaze on the cake... It really is amazing! I was so nervous about this cake, partially because it did take an hour and a half to rise, but it turned out amazing, and so light and yummy! 5 stars.

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Looks perfect....and I bet it smelled amazing while it was baking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderfuly yummy! I tried out your 3 minutes brownies (immediately after I read the post yesterday) and they turned out amazing! This brownies will be a quick way out to cure hyposweetoothia! Have a wonderful Saturday evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was so yummy, and was very hard to resist while baking! Mateja, I am SO glad you liked the brownies! I have been craving one ever since we finished ours! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious...love combo that you used!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be perfect for brunch, you're right!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good! I have the same problem when people are coming over. I fret about it for days and change my mind over what to make! So annoying! At least it usually turns out to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks amazing. I will defiantly have to give this a try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish that I could be there to eat up that wonderful coffee cake... YUMMY!

    I'm having coffee at this moment so I'm sorta drooling over your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes that looks tasty!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Don't kiddos just crack you up?! It took me a few minutes to recover from his "nasty salsa" comment!

    ♥ - Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kim - this looks so delicious!! I love that it is a yeasty coffee cake! And that glaze - have mercy!! I wish I could come over and have some with you :)
    Great recipe girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimberly, thanks for your visit and let me find yours. I love your cake already. It has 2 of my favorite ingredients. Coffee and cinnamon! mmm... yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, a coffee cake using yeast. I LOVE it. i bet is smelled beautifully when taken out of the oven.
    thanks so much for sharing Kimberly, hope you'll have a wonderful Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Love the combination of cinnamon with coffee and your huge cup of hot coffee. Now I'd have that not just for breakfast or brunch but any time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always loved coffee cake. My mother used to make it when I was growing up. The aroma in the kitchen was always amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts