Lemon Garlic Chicken

Lemon Garlic Chicken, Farmers Wife Original

I love crock pot meals, they make me insanely happy. Yes I know what you're thinking, I'm weird, but hey I'm cool with being weird, it makes life far more interesting to accept my weirdness. haha! Now you probably know by now that I love any dish that has rice, but what you probably don't know is why. Well, it's easy. Yes I just admitted to liking rice for it's simplicity factor, so sue me! (Actually please don't...) Here's the thing, for us dinner is always sort of up in the air, I never know what time the Farming Hubby will be home to eat so it makes it very hard to plan meals. My little Sous Chef eats at 5:30pm every day for dinner, no matter when my hubby is home because he just can't wait, and since half the time my husband doesn't get home til close to bedtime for our little man waiting to eat dinner together is not an option most days. So what I love about meals with rice is if the main dish is done, and can easily stay warm or be heated up quickly, then all I have to do when my hubby texts that he's on his way home is make some rice, then dinner will be on the table when he walks in the door! (Yes I am serious, I strive to have dinner ready when he walks in, I'm old fashioned so what?) But this meal, well it is one of our favorites. ALL OF US! Even my little Sous Chef likes this meal, in fact my Hubby's family even likes this meal (which is a total win in my book!). It's so versatile, super easy, and just so pleasing to even the pickiest of palates. That's is what makes this a winner! You can make this with Lime Juice instead of Lemon, you can cook up some stir-fry veggies on the side with a bit of the sauce, and I have yet to be disappointed with this recipe. You have to try this easy recipe, come on, you know you want to!!! ;-)

Ingredients: serves 6-8 people
6-8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (I place mine in frozen, which is why I cook on high for 1 hour)
2/3 cup Soy Sauce (low sodium)
1/3 cup Lemon or Lime Juice (either fresh or concentrated)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoons Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard

Directions:
Spray a 6 quart crock pot with cooking spray, then place the chicken pieces in the bottom. In a bowl mix together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken, and mix. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 3-4 hours. *Optional: To thicken the sauce, make a cornstarch slurry (equal parts water and cornstarch mixed to a paste like texture) and add to the sauce, allowing it to come to a boil and thicken.* If adding stir-fry vegetables, heat a small amount of the sauce in a wok, and cook the vegetable until tender, serve along with the chicken on hot rice.

*Rice tip*
When making rice add some chicken bouillon to the water before it boils, adds some flavor to any dish. If making a beef dish add some beef bouillon. I do this instead of adding any butter or extra fat.

Review:
Seriously simple, yet amazingly delicious! We just love this meal, with both the lemon and lime. I love to serve with with chopped green onions on top, and some fresh lemon. This is kid approved, and my go to recipe for a lazy dinner! 5 stars.

The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Yet another tasty family meal! Stylish Blogger Award is waiting for you! To pick it up click: http://indulginglife.blogspot.com/p/my-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim - you outdid yourself with this one. Looks so amazing and you know my love for the Crock Pot too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mateja, thank you so much! I am excited to get to pass on this great award! I feel so honored.

    Brandie, thanks girl! I seriously love this recipe. It's SO easy, I've made this countless times the last year and always forgot to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks awesome. Great crock pot dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow cooker meals make me happy too. The house smells so good when I get home from work and I can just get to the eating without all the fuss. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crockpot meals too. They are so awesome, kind of just put them on autopilot and let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love crock pot dinners... they are so juicy and tasty. I mostly love the flavors of your chicken...lemon and garlic, yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely delicious. I adore how you refer to you little "sous-chef" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks and sounds great. I love using chicken thighs, so much flavour in them. I'll have to remember this because it's right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone! I certainly hope you enjoy this, it truly is a wonderful dish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to try this one. I've got all the ingredients except I have chicken breasts instead of thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a flavorful and delicious dish, and even better is the fact that it's a crock pot meal. I love the addition of the citrus

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love crock pot meals too! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts