Spaghetti Sauce

 This is my Mother In Law's recipe.

I promised you all this recipe a week ago, and I'm sorry for the delay! This is not your typical spaghetti sauce, there I warned you. It's a sweet sauce, yes you read that right, I said sweet. Now don't go away, you really do have to try this sauce. It is different from your typical pasta sauce, and is so different from the kind I grew up with, however I have come to seriously love this spaghetti sauce (this is also what I use as my pizza sauce, I just love the rich flavor it adds). I will admit, it took some getting used to, I mean when you were raised on traditional meat sauce full of Italian spices, this is a major switch. But being my Farmer Hubby's favorite sauce, I ate this a lot while we were engaged, (yes I worked out a lot during that time too so I could fit into my dress. haha!) And honestly now, several years later, I find myself craving a giant bowl of this spaghetti, and don't really care for most meat sauce's anymore! The awesome thing about this sauce is you throw a few ingredients in the crock pot and make a giant batch, and then you can freeze the leftovers for several months and it keeps so nicely. Now my hubby likes his slightly burned (don't ask... he likes most things burned... he's weird.), but you don't have to burn yours. haha! I have served this often to guests and have always gotten rave reviews and they want the recipe, so I very highly recommend this sauce next time you want something a little different. This is also a very cheap sauce to make, I buy the store brand tomato products as I haven't noticed a different in taste, and since this does make such a large pot of sauce you get a lot for a very low cost! This always makes for a happy Mommy, and Daddy! ;-)

Ingredients:
2 29 oz. Can of Tomato Puree
1 29 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
1 15 oz. Can of Tomato Paste
1 1/2 cups Sugar

Directions:
Spray a 6 qt. crock-pot with cooking spray, then add in all ingredients in order. Mix well, then cook on low for 6 hours. Stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta and top with your favorite cheese.

Review:
Told you it was easy! ;-) This is possibly the easiest meal you will ever make, and it is so tasty and cheap too. I mean how can you beat that? We like to use Rotini Noodles with this sauce, as it gets all the thick yummy sauce in each and every little spiral, and we also top it with Cheddar Cheese and a sprinkle of Fresh Ground Pepper. I know we're weird, but it's so good... And this is very kid friendly too! 5 stars.

My little sous chef's first taste of spaghetti, 2 years ago!

Sweet Spaghetti Sauce on Foodista

Comments

  1. So happy your comment on my blog made me discover yours! You recipes sound amazing and to be perfectly honest, this post made me hungry. I cant believe how EASY this recipe is! Will try it, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm glad! I've often wondered over to your blog, I just never commented before. haha! I know this recipe is so awesome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the little one loves this sauce too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my little guy adores this sauce, I should've posted a picture of the first time he ate it, with sauce covering his face! lol! Maybe I'll add it in. It really is that easy, and it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowowo, so easy and it looks so delicious .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome..usually I am using ketchup in my sauces which gives you bit more sweetness, kids love it. I will try this next time, it is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your mother in law tomato sauce recipe. i usually try to avoid as much as possible the tomato sauce since it gives me heartburn but this one sounds so delicious. i'll give it a try soon. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sweeten my spaghetti sauce all the time as I hate the acidity of some of the tomato pastes. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts