BBQ Beef Sammies

 This is a Farmers Wife Original.

As some of you may know, I was born down south. Yup, down in Memphis TN and proud of it! I admit that I haven't spent a whole lot of time down south. My family moved to the Midwest when I was still a baby, and I haven't been back to visit in at least 10 years or more. But I still have fond memories, spending time with my cousins and going antiquing with my Mom and Aunt, but I also remember the food... Oh the southern food.... I swear to you there is no better comfort food in the world, than good ole' fashioned southern comfort food!!! I remember how exciting it was to go eat out at some of our favorite places, typically getting pulled pork, but sometimes going outside the box and getting BBQ Beef, typically served topped with coleslaw, I however opt to keep mine on the side (less messy that way!!). This brings me to my recipe, a few weeks ago I was sitting at home, with a roast I had planned for a nice juicy pot roast, when I realized my carrots and celery were frozen.... Haha! This happens to me a lot, unfortunately, I swear my fridge hates me. So after sitting on the cold, hard tile that is my kitchen floor, crying over my frozen veggies, I suddenly got this intense craving for BBQ Beef... And I turned that sad almost non dinner into a winner! (bahaha!! I just rhymed... I'm such a loser!)  And I have to say, though it's been a long, long time since I had one of these to compare, this was pretty darn good! The house smelled so amazing all day long while this slow roasted in my crock pot, it was hard to wait til my Hubby got home to eat it!! Everything was homemade in this dinner, the beef, the rolls (recipe coming later this week!), and potato salad, and at the end of the day I felt pretty proud of myself for coming up with this at the last minute, and it was a hit with my Hubby too!!

Ingredients:
3-4 lbs. Beef Roast (Cheaper cuts of meat work wonderful in the crock pot.)
1/4-1/2 Onion, Sliced
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Barbecue Sauce (I used KC Masterpiece Original)
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Water

Directions:
Spray a 6-7 qt. crock pot with cooking spray, and place the roast inside. Sprinkle the sliced onions on top. In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients, and pour over the roast. Place the lid on, and cook on low for 8 hours. Once cooked, shred the beef with 2 forks, and place back in the sauce until ready to serve. Serve warm on buns with or without coleslaw.

Review:
This was simple, yet extremely tasty. Brought back all those southern comfort food memories for me, and seemed to hit the spot with my man too! Served with homemade buns... This was a real treat! If you want a stronger BBQ flavor and that saucy texture add some more sauce on top of the meat before placing the top bun on! YUM!! 5 stars.

Comments

  1. I haven't had a BBQ beef sandwich in a long time. We always make BBQ pork, but I think it's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sandwiches look sooo good and I love that they're made in the crock pot. I can't wait to try these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sandwich....it's always a good time for bbq. I might have to sneak this into the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl - these sound good!! We are big sandwich eaters around here and everyone appreciates a good meal that comes from the Crock Pot. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Your dinner is indeed a winner!! One of my husband's favorite meals as well. Your recipe is a bit easier than the one I've been using, and my big flavor guy will like the big flavor you are serving up. Nicely done, hon! (Love the rhyming!!()

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so tasty! Any meat slow cooked in the crock pot is a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made it in a crockpot, so great for a weeknight that way. I can't wait to see your bun recipe. I've been looking for a good one. Now I now what I can add to the menu next week. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your idea to cook this in the slow cooker! Great idea to spray the inside of the slow cooker, never thought of that either. Your sandwich sounds so good.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I want to come over for lunch!!! Ultimate comfort food. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so miss BBQ in the midwest and your southern beef sammies look comforting and SO much like what I remember from when I lived in the midwest. Reminds me of home...yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. How delicious! Definitely looking forward to some BBQ this spring and summer. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a husband pleaser for sure! Mine would be in heaven with juicy BBQ beef sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hello yumminess! Looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts