Balsamic Grilled Chicken

 Farmers Wife Original Recipe.

Happy Memorial day Y'all!!! Oh it feels so good to be back in the kitchen and whipping up new recipe's to share with you! I hope y'all are having a great holiday weekend, and enjoying lot's of good treats!! Since in the Farming Community only 2 holidays exist (Thanksgiving and Christmas) we really don't do a whole lot for the other holidays as they are normal working days for our men. But last night we did have a very All American grilled dinner, that was to die for!!! With 3 all new recipes!!! (I love when that happens!!) First up the Chicken!

Oh my word y'all... First off let me say you HAVE to give this a try... I don't usually bark out orders or try to tell y'all that you must make something because it feels arrogant, which is so against my nature. But seriously, can I just say WOW!!! We all 3 went back for seconds and just adored this chicken. The words my hubby used to describe how amazing it was are a little bit mature for this audience, but let's just say it was pretty darn good! ;-) The flavor was just right, between savory and succulent and the chicken was moist and delicious. I really can't say that I've ever enjoyed eating chicken more in my life. I know how that sounds, but seriously y'all... It was just that good! Now I can't take all the credit as my Hubby is the master griller and his skills on the grill far out do me in the kitchen. But with our joint effort this meal was a great way to end our Memorial Day celebration! *P.S. Stayed tuned this week for the recipe for our sides, Grilled Corn on the Cob and Seasoned Grilled Potatoes!!*

Ingredients:
6 Chicken Breasts

Marinade:
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Large Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1/3-1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar (depending on your taste)
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade. Taste, and add more Balsamic Vinegar if desired. In a gallon sized ziploc bag place the thawed chicken breasts, and pour the marinade over. Seal and "squish" the bag to make sure everything is well coated. Place in the fridge and let marinade for at least 2 hours. Then heat your grill to 350-375°F. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, then move them off the bottom and flip every 5 at around 300°F, for about 15-20 minutes. *Note: wind will make it take longer because more heat blows away every time you open it.* Once the juices run clear and there's no pink in the middle, the chicken is done. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving to let the juices redistribute.

Review:
This chicken really was easy and spectacular! My little Sous Chef devoured his, which we all know means it was good! This would be great for any last minute barbecues!! 5 stars.

Comments

  1. Oh my this looks amazing. We will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe! Anything with balsamic is totally in my wheelhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! That marinade sounds amazing! Totally going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chicken was AMAZING! I was worried about it because the wind kept doing funky things with the grill, but it turned out SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!! You all are so sweet, this was a great recipe. Jeremy, you are the best Babe! It wouldn't have been near as good without your awesome skills at the grill!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts