Blueberry Muffin Bread from Sandra's Easy Cooking

Good Morning Y'all! I am SO thrilled to share with you, the first ever Guest Post on The Farmers Wife! Meet Sandra, from Sandra's Easy Cooking! If you don't already know her, you will get to know her, and if you do then you might learn something new! I love Sandra's site, she always has something new and is amazing at creating brand new recipes.
 Sandra cooks everything from typical dishes and meals to wonderful new ideas and creations, and I've never seen a recipe on her site that didn't look amazing. Sandra is also an amazing photographer, her photos of food will make you drool, and She is such an inspiration to me and to many others, and I have to say is so incredibly sweet! She's also a Stay at Home Mom, which we all know means this girl works hard! I can't tell you how thrilled I was when she agreed to Guest Post for us today, and without further ado I introduce you to... Sandra!
_______________________________________
Q&A with Sandra from Sandra's Easy Cooking
Question #1: Tell us a little about yourself and your family, how long have you been married and a mom? 
My name is Sandra and I am running the blog Sandra' Easy Cooking. On my website/blog you can find simple, delicious and affordable balanced meals.
I am European (from former Yugoslavia) who is living in US for the last 13 years and found home in Nashville TN. I love Nashville mostly because people are very kind, it is a great place to raise kids and it has all 4 seasons which is fantastic. I am married to a wonderful man for 11 years and we have three angles, two boys(almost 11 and 5) and a girl( 8 years old). Life as a stay at home mother of three, wife , writer and a food blogger is not easy but I enjoy it very much.

#2: When did you first start cooking, and have you always enjoyed it? My first time trying to cook was around 11 years old, but being home with my mom that was 12 years of my life home all the time, was not something that I had to do. Since I become mom myself I do a lot of cooking and I love it. 

#3: How did you get your start in Blogging? This is a good question...I have no idea how I came on this idea! Only thing that I remember saying to myself is "Why I don't write my recipes and share with other people?" I came a long way, learning from other bloggers, searching, and researching..watching a lot of videos....but I've been told nothing can happen over night. I am with blogger since September and I am just hoping that people will not get tired of my kitchen experiments.

#4: If you could eat one thing every day what would it be?
Hm this one is hard..but if I could eat bacon everyday guilt free that would be it for sure!:)))

#5: What inspired today's recipe?
I wanted to make something that your readers would enjoy, and I thought that this recipe was the perfect fit.

Hello Farmer's wife readers,

First I want to thank you Kim for asking me to guest post on your wonderful blog. I enjoy your comfort dishes and sense of humor that you are bringing to every post that you publish. Now this guest post is special to me because Kim was the first person to ask me, and I accepted with open arms.
When she asked me I didn't have any idea what to make, to suit her blog. I had two dishes on the side, but they weren't calling Kim's name :D so a few days ago I was making this blueberry muffin bread which was supposed to be our Saturday breakfast...ha ha to that, as soon as my kids came home my breakfast bread was gone. I hope that you will like it as much as my family!

Cheers to all and thanks again Kim for this opportunity!!!



Blueberry Muffin Bread
12 1/2 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Canola oil
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, boiled in water

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
  2. In a sauce pan place blueberries and 1Tbs. Sugar with 1/2 cup of water, boil and put it on the side until ready to use.
  3. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
  4. In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients reserving 1Tbs. of the dry ingredients and toss with the blueberries. Stir mixture.
  5. Drain the blueberries but save the juice/water.
  6. Add to the blueberry water juice of 1/2 Orange, stir and set aside.
  7. Add 1 cup blueberries to mixture and stir few more times. Reserve about 1/2 cup of blueberries.
  8. Add the mixture to greased loaf pans. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of berries on top of muffins and press down lightly. Place into the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan few times while baking.
  9. Before taking it out, spoon over whole bread blueberry-orange warm juice that you reserved. And place the bread back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and turn off the oven; let it cool down in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes. Than turn it upside down on tea towel to cool completely.
    Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
      
    _______________________________________
Did you get a load of that bread?!? Oh my goodness, when I first saw that picture I swear to you I went crazy! I immediately showed my Hubby and decided that I must make this ASAP!  This would be a fantastic treat for breakfast, brunch or just an everyday snack. I hope you all will make this soon and I just want to say a giant Thanks to Sandra! Great recipe girl!

Check out Sandra's fantastic Blog here at: Sandra's Easy Cooking
And you can also find her on Facebook!


Comments

  1. Awww Kim, you are so sweet for writing that about me!:) I appreciate that so very much..Thank you!
    And also I would like to thank you again for inviting me to be your guest today, it was pleasure talking to you! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great guest post! Loved the question and answer section. I got to learn a bit more about you Sandra (besides that you're beautiful, a great cook and Mom!)
    Love this blueberry muffin bread. Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you two teamed up for this great guest post! I love blueberries in general but wrapped in bread?! Yes please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that I enjoy getting to know a little bit more about Sandra. I do enjoy this post and that recipe looks like a keeper. I am going to scroll down and read your blog too Kim:D Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love Sandra's blog and I am glad she led me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first guest post, Kim! Very nice!
    Sandra's blueberry muffin bread looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful recipe, Sandra, and a great guest post! Thanks for sharing, ladies. You have a lovely blog, Kimberly, and I’m so glad to have found it! I'm going to check out more of your recipes now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great guest post from Sandra. I love her blog with great recipes and beautiful pictures.
    Nice to know you too, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! I came from Sandra's website. I love how you included the interview unlike other guest post I've seen. Such a great idea since we get to know about the person more! Yes, Sandra is amazing. Not only her blog, her cooking, or her pictures are nice, but her personality is beyond nice! I'm so happy that I know her, and now I'm happy that I found you! I'll be following you on facebook. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post Gals! I love blueberry anything and would love this delicious bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Y'all!! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments! This bread is really amazing, you must try it! We love it! So great to meet all of you newcomers, isn't Sandra the best! Thanks again Sandra for this post, I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i already follow sandra's blog and just like everyone else, i eagerly wait for her postings. she is very talented and the bread she made for this guest post looks simply amazing!

    kim, thanks for including this Q&A... i feel like i got to know sandra a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandra! What a fun interview and a seriously delightful bread...love all things blueberry but this really sounds wonderful :)
    Hi Kimberly, thank you for showing everybody the most lovely Sandra. I will have to take a peak around your site as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the guest post...Sandra is amazing super women....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandra, was waiting all day to read your guest post. Loved reading more about you. You already know I love your blog :)
    The blueberry bread sounds like a great breakfast idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks Kim for this wonderful guest post.

    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are huge fans of Sandra and her blog. She is always so supportive to her fellow bloggers and many a day has a comment of hers lifted our spirits. You made a great choice Kim in Sandra. The Blueberry Muffin bread looks to die for and I know Adam will love it for breakfast.. and lunch.. and dinner, you know how he is. And it's terrific to be introduced to The Farmer's Wife. Wonderful blog, Kim we look forward to looking and cooking through your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Sandra's blog and I am glad to visit your blog too! I look forward to going through your recipes and visiting more often :) The recipe Sandra has shared sounds really great and I would love a slice (or three) for breakfast! :) But most of all, I love reading the interview with Sandra. Even though I visit Sandra's site, I didn't know so much about her! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been looking forward to seeing this all day...I had to put everyone to bed so I can come and visit you both! Oh I am sooo happy to see Sandra here! She is one of my favorite food bloggers... she really is a sweetheart!!

    Sandra, dear, blueberry muffin bread?! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful guest post. I love how you have a Q&A part so that we can get to know bloggers a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great guest post. I really enjoyed reading this post. Both Kim and Sandra have wonderful blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great guest post, Sandra, and what a fantastic recipe. Great idea for muffin bread and so just have to try this. Farmer Kim, thank you for a great guest post and for a super introduction with the Q&A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty quick bread and perfect for breakfast. This looks like a fairly light recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! I am so glad Kim had you over for a visit! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely post glad to know you
    delicious muffin bread Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all for such a kind words, I had to come back and thank again my new friend Kim for this great opportunity, and to thank you all for such a amazing support!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love reading Sandra's guest post! Sooo lovely! It's nice to meet you KIm and Sandra is a darling, isn't she!? I love your blog and food is to drool over, that's for sure! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandra,
    A great guest post. It's nice to see you on Kim's
    blog. Your blueberry bread is awesome, and I have some blueberries in the freezer;)

    Kim,
    Sandra is a sweetie, and I've been reading her blog for awhile now, and never been disappointed.
    Thanks for having her on your on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts