Tostada Pizza

 Farmers Wife Original Recipe.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your Margarita's and Mexican food! hehe! I personally have never really celebrated Cinco de Mayo before, never really thought about it. But you know that I love me some good Mexican food. So I figured today was the perfect time to share this recipe with you all!

You already know that I love tostada's, I mean what's not to love, fried tortilla's topped with beans and cheese and veggies.... So Yum! But a few weeks ago I wanted to do something a little bit different. So I made a flat bread dough, and topped it with my favorite tostada toppings, and man was it good! It was definitely different from what we're used to, but I really enjoyed mixing it up with this recipe. It was so fresh with the veggies on top, and because of that this is also a vegetarian dish!! (I love a good meatless recipe every once in awhile!) Now my little Sous Chef didn't try this, so I don't know where I'd rank it on the kid-friendly scale. But I think this is something a bunch of teenagers would love, and would be great for a party! I hope you enjoy, and have a wonderful 5th of May!

Ingredients:
Dough: from Bread Machine Magic
1 cup Water
1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast

Toppings:
Fat Free Refried Beans (you don't have to use fat free, but I like to)
1 1/2 Tablespoons diced Chipotle's in Adobo
Shredded Cheddar
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Green Onions
Shredded Lettuce
Optional:
Sour Cream
Green Chile's
Black Olives
Browned Seasoned Beef
Shredded Chicken
Grilled Chicken

Directions:
Place dough ingredients into your bread machine in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions. Set on dough cycle, once done turn out onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Using your hands, spread as thin as possible. Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Spread the beans on top of the dough, and add the diced chipotle's. Top with cheddar cheese and bake on the bottom rack for about 15 minutes. Until crust is done and slightly crisped, and cheese is melted. Once done, top with remaining toppings, slice and serve warm.

Review:
I would give this 3.5 stars. It was yummy and I will make it again, but I still prefer regular tostada's to these. But for a nice change and for a party this is SO much easier and totally delicious!

The Farmers Wife


Comments

  1. Wow, Kim..that looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely devour this all on my own. YUM! So glad you shared this terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, it almost looks like a mexican pizza. Yum. I have been feeling like pizza lately....may need to incorporate some mexican flavors now. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it amazing...I love all the ingredients and it is must try pizza..Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making it into a pizza is such a great idea! I love the sound of this and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard for me to eat an entire one by myself...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is brilliant!! I love this recipe, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy heck! This looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a FUN pizza!
    It is vegetarian week at Get Grillin' we would love if you submitted up to any 3 recipes (they don't have to be grilled) to our link up. This one would be perfect!
    This week we have a ManPans giveaway. http://su.pr/3GCtXU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts