Whipped Cream

 Source The Farming Husband.

Whipped Cream... Isn't it delightful? Who doesn't love to just sit and lick the bowl of whipped cream? (Or is that only me... hmmm...) I don't make whipped cream very often, it makes me feel way too guilty to consume it, and well it's not the easiest thing in the world to make.... Until NOW!


As you may have noticed I listed my Hubby as the source for the recipe, now you won't find it on his site, but he was the one who told me that making whipped cream this way was possible and since I can't remember right now what his source was, I figured I'd list him. HAHA! Now here's the really cool part (sorry hunny, you're cool but come on... whipped cream is AWESOME! hehe) you can make whipped cream in your.... wait for it.... FOOD PROCESSOR!!!!! Crazy huh? I was SO skeptical when trying this. I mean it goes against EVERYTHING I know about making whipped cream. You don't have to chill the bowl or the blade, and it's not an incredibly slow, and somewhat excruciating process (cus I mean come on... watching it whip is just plain awful, you just want to stick your finger in and taste it!). It was fast, which means you HAVE to watch it closely, and it was thick and dreamy... I think I it invaded my dreams that night... haha! Anyway, I have a point to all of this whipped cream fantasy thing I've got going on now... Oh right! TRY IT!! You won't regret it, and if you do.... Well then, I'm sorry if your pants don't fit quite right the next day. That's the price you pay for good whipped cream. ;-)


Ingredients:
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Cold
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar


Directions:
First, get out your food processor and insert the blade attachment. Pour in your whipping cream, and place the lid on WITHOUT the plunger in (the thing that pushes down vegetables for grating and what not, you need air to be able to get into the food processor.) Turn it on and whip for about 1 minute. Turn it off and check the consistency. At this point you can add your sugar. Then put the lid back on and whip for 30 second intervals until it reaches the desired consistency, typically about a total whipping time of 2-3 minutes. Serve on your favorite dessert!


Review:
Easy huh? Shocking? YES! I will say in my experience don't do more than 1 cup at a time, I did try doing 2 cups over the weekend and while it did whip, it took much longer and the results were not quite as pretty. So do it 1 cup at a time, but hey if it's this easy you can just do a couple batches! I give this 5 stars!


Comments

  1. I didn't know your honey had a blog - very cool!
    And I have never made whipped cream in my food processor but I think that is a really neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really easy...I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love whipped cream and that chicken panini looks just wonderful. Just stopping by to say "hi" and thank you for the comment on my post on Brandie's blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this one.It will help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new 'trick' to me! Never imagined this was possible - so glad you shared. Now I must go wipe the saliva off the screen...couldn't resist! Your bowl of whipped cream is much too inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! I'm definitely doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! I am so making this tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I want to fall face first into that bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE homemade whipped cream, but to do it in a food processor is pure genius!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts