Hawaiian Cake, and a Birthday!

Hawaiian Cake. Family Recipe
Hey y'all!! This week has been a very exciting one in our family! First my sweet little Sous Chef had his 3rd Birthday on Saturday, which was a huge hit and so much fun (more in a minute!), and then just this morning our sweet little Nephew made his grand entrance into the world! We couldn't be happier, and cannot wait to meet him, and our little Sous Chef has big plans for all the wonderful things he needs to teach his new cousin. hehe! Most importantly of course being the wonders of all things John Deere.

Now back to the Birthday Boy (though really there's 2 of them now huh? hehe!), when we were deciding what to make for his birthday dessert, I honestly can't even tell you how many times he changed his mind. If there is one thing I have passed on to my child it is the never ending possibilities when it comes to food. At first he wanted tractor shaped cookies decorated to look like a real tractor, then it was sugar cookies with frosting and tractors made out of M&M's, next he wanted a Jell-O cake with Lime and Lemon Jell-O (notice the John Deere theme yet?!?), and last but not least he settled on an old family favorite... Angel Food Cake with Crushed Pineapple, also known as Hawaiian Cake! This recipe is so easy my little Sous Chef probably could have put it together himself, (sans the oven of course!) but for me it was so wonderful to have it be easy! I was still recovering from all my health problems and needed an easy dessert. This cake is light, but SO flavorful, and a wonderful dessert for any summer cook out!

So to end this post I just want to say a big Happy Birthday to my sweet little Sous Chef, and also Happy BIRTHday to my new Nephew! I love you both SO much! I am so blessed to have you in my life!

Ingredients:
1 Angel Food Cake Mix, *Must be 1 step* (or homemade)
1 can Crushed Pineapple in Juice
Cool Whip, or Whipped Cream

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. In a large bowl empty your cake mix, and add the entire can of pineapple and it's juice. Using a spoon or spatula gently mix, until completely combined. Pour into an un-greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool, then serve with the whipped topping of your choice.

Review:
I love this cake, someday I will attempt to make this with a homemade angel food cake and bake it in my angel food cake pan, but last Saturday I needed to keep it simple! We just love this, and even my In Law family who's not big on cake devoured it! 5 stars.

Happy Cooking!
The Farmers Wife!

P.S. This weeks Guest Poster is Becky from Baking and Cooking, a Tale of Two Loves! Be sure to check it out!!

Comments

  1. This looks like a great summer dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated B-day..and what a fun cake..looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd birthday to your little man. Great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday. Your cake looks wonderful. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an easy and fun cake! Great for summer! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-day to the first little guy and welcome to the world the 2nd!! Pineapple and angel food cake, an ideal combo! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your adorable little Sous Chef! His cake choices are impeccable (esp the Jello cake), I bet he'll grow up to be a master in the kitchen. If he's not already, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone! We have been celebrating all week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3rd Birthday Little Sous Chef!
    Your cake looks yummy with the pineapple and whipped cream.

    Both my son and daughter-in-law both work for John Deere at the Corporate office, so I know about all things John Deere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your little one! I bet he loved his cake! I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope he had a beautiful birthday. :) A lovely cake to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts