Lemon Bars from Larks Country Heart

Good Morning!! It's that time of week again, and I'm SO excited for this guest poster today! She is one of my friends and a great cook, Lark from Lark's Country Heart! Lark is a big supporter of "Paying it forward" which is something I highly respect of her, and in the sense of "Paying it forward" Let me introduce you to Lark!


Isn't that just a great family shot? Knowing Lark this is truly a picture of who she is. A Wife and Mom first, and her beautiful family shows that! I have really enjoyed getting to know Lark, and am so glad to have her here with us today! Now a few things you should know about Lark, she is the queen of "Paying it Forward" this gal amazes me with her willingness to run any and every marathon she can for the fight against breast cancer. She is also a very creative person, she loves to create something nice just to brighten someones day. I've had the privilege of working with Lark on 2 projects, one being Country Cooks Across America, and also helping out with her new project Baking Up a Cure! (Which I will talk more about at the end of the post so stay tuned!!!) And now, because I'm drooling over her recipe, I give you a Q & A with... Lark!

________________________________________


#1: Tell us a little about yourself and your family, how long
have you been married and a mom? I live in a VERY small town in Nevada. I will have been married for soon to be 14 years in August. I am also a Mother for my daughter Jessica who will turn 12 yrs. old in July.

#2: When did you first start cooking, and have you always enjoyed it? I started cooking when I was small. I was the 5th child out of 7 so my Mom came up with a great idea to help her out since she & my Dad both worked. Each one of the kids were in charge of planning & cooking Dinner 1 night of the week. I LOVED it when it was my turn!

#3: How did you get your start in Blogging? I first started Lark's Country Heart as a way of organizing my own recipes and logging my Crafts. That was in 2009.

#4: If you could eat one thing every day what would it be? If I could eat CARB's everyday without it going straight to my belly, I would be a happy camper! My Carb of choice....Baked Potatoes!

#5: What inspired today's recipe? Well two things actually inspired the recipe I am sharing today.
The first was I was craving something tart & sweet. The second was that I was just downloading some family pictures and I found a few with my Dad in them. And these are his favorite!

Lemon Bars



These are also know as: Dad-Can't-Get-enough-of-those-Lemon Bars!

My Dad's Favorite Sweet. He would always request these whenever I came home. I think this is where I got my love of Lemon. And let me tell you, any "trait" I may be blessed to get or have that is from my Dad has got to be GOOD! He is such a wonderful example of a person that NEVER judges. (well not counting the times he checked my ears to see how many "holes in my head" I recently had) My dad is someone I will always try to impress.I Love you Dad!

*You can cut this recipe in half if you don't need this large of a pan. But I will warn you....They will go fast!*

1 C. (2 sticks) of Margarine; softened
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 C. flour
dash of Salt

Mix these together and press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 oven. While crust is in oven Mix together in another bowl:
4 Eggs; beaten
2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Flour
5 TBSP Lemon Juice

Mix well, take crust out of oven & pour lemon filing over crust. Return to oven and continue baking for another 25 minutes. Making sure center is "set". While still warm, run a knife around edges of crust. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars. *tip: I have even added some fresh Lemon Zest to the filling,it does add to the flavor.

Happy Baking,
Lark

__________________________________________
Oh my goodness... Don't those look fantastic? I don't know about y'all but we love lemon bars in this family and I can't wait to give these a try soon! Thank you so much Lark for sharing your Dad's favorite dessert with us!


Baking up a Cure! 
This is such a neat thing Lark is doing right now that I just had to highlight it! She is doing an online bake sale, where ALL the proceeds from the bake sale go directly to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure event. The event is completely volunteer driven, and I know she would love to have some more bakers signed up! Please go check out the Baking up a Cure site for more information!

You can also find Lark on her site: Lark's Country Heart

And you can also like her on Facebook

Comments

  1. What a wonderful guest post...I'm such a fan of both your blog AND Lark's!!!

    Lark, these look like fabulous lemon bars...my hubby would be thrilled with a batch of these. Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lark, Your lemon bars look amazing! These are my husband's favorite bars, and I make them at Christmas.
    Nice to meet you, and learn a little bit about you.

    Kim,
    thanks for introducing me to Lark. A Great guset Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kim! Just visiting from basilmomma's. :) Your site is a delight and so is the one you designed for Baking Up A Cure -- what a worthy cause. Good luck with the new blog, too!

    I like that you dream in FOOD. :)
    ~Kim (just plain ol' Kim or Kimby, aka okielicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon bars! I always include lemon zest but otherwise my recipe is very similar. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ♥ Lark. She's such a sweetie, with a huge heart! I'm also lovin these lemon bars! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! And thanks for stopin' by to visit and introduce yourself.
    Thanks Kim for such a warm and kind "write up". And also for asking me to share a family favorite recipe.

    It touched my heart to have you high light Baking Up a Cure! It truely is for a great cause.

    Love ya Kim, and thank you to all your fans! I hope y'all come visit me over at Lark's Country Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful post and delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post and a fabulous treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guest post. Lovely recipe and lovely family photo. I stopped by from Lark's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it's as if you read my mind! My son is spending the night with my Brother in Law and wife (and their crazy kids) tomorrow and I am going to send these with him! Maybe this will ensure he will get back to me in 1 piece!
    I love the Q & A :)
    Great pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These bars look amazing!! I am going to have to make Lemon Bars soon! I have never seen Lark's blog before, thanks for introducing me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a sweet lemon bar kinda gal and these sound like they will be very sweet which I love. Great guest post Lark & Kim. Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super guest post, Kim. Thank you for introducing me to Lark. These are amazingly sweet and tart and yummy looking lemon bars. My kind of treat! Keep up the inspiring work for good causes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lark! It's so great to meet another blogger. :)Your lemon bars look so good. Lemon desserts are one of my favorits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post...I really enjoyed reading it!! The lemon bars are amazing...they're making my mouth pucker up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely guest post, nice to meet you Lark and your lemon bars look mouthwatering..really delicious!!
    Awesome interview Kim..you did it again!!! You girls did amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts