Teriyaki Noodle Bowls

Teriyaki Noodle Bowls, Farmers Wife Original
Hey y'all!!! I'm finally starting to get back to normal life, and I can't thank you enough for sticking with me during my much needed break. But I'm back and so excited to share this delicious recipe with y'all!

I made this a few weeks back, and it was one of those born out of my cravings meals. I knew I wanted noodles with sauce and chicken and it just grew from there. I know, I'm silly I could've just gone to a Chinese place to fulfill this craving but that would go against my desire to make it at home! We love pasta in this house, no surprise there, but we also adore Chinese food. Surprisingly even my little Sous Chef shares this love of all things noodley and Chinese. ;-) When I made this I will be honest, I didn't really expect my boys to like it, neither one is huge on Peppers like I am, but I couldn't resist adding them in. And other than my little Sous Chef picking his out (which he gave to me!! YUM!) this was a huge hit! I am honestly salivating while typing this... I really should make it again!

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Chicken Breast Tenders
1 package Spaghetti Noodles
1/4 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 Orange Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
Green Onions, Garnish

Sauce:
1 bottle Kikkomon Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)

Directions:
Mix together the sauce, and measure out about 1 cup, refrigerate the rest. In a ziploc bag marinate the chicken tenders in the 1 cup of sauce for at least 2-3 hours. To cook, heat a wok on medium-high heat, once hot add in the chicken and whatever marinade is in the bag. Cook until browned. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Once the chicken is browned add in the peppers, cook until peppers are soft. Add in the noodles, remaining sauce and toss. Serve warm with diced green onions on top.

Review:
Honestly, I really loved this both hot and cold. I was so amazed at how much my little sous chef enjoyed this. I think this would be great with some rice noodles however I couldn't find any in our store. 4.5 stars.

Happy Cooking!
The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Your post recipe looks delisshh! What is Kikkomon? Is it a brand name? We have so many brands of teriyaki sauces in Hong Kong. I am sometimes confused which one to buy?
    Loved the colourful bell peppers in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kikkoman is a brand we have here in the US. Any teriyaki sauce would be great in this! Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back in the kitchen, and that you're feeling better;) We love stir fry, too. Your bowls look delish. We make our own "Chinese" food, too, because we can use low sodium products, and you can add in any veggies that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I think this sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this looks good! I always order teriyaki when we do Asian dinners. Love this one....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! I love asian noodle dishes - and this one sounds great! Thanks for sharing, and glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a wonderful recipe. I know my family would love this too. Great Job. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So tasty and a nice little zing to it with the red pepper. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts