Yogurt Blueberry Muffins from Baking and Cooking, a Tale of Two Loves

Good Morning Y'all!!! I hope everyone is having a great week, and I am so thrilled to end this one with a great guest poster... Becky from Baking and Cooking, a Tale of Two Loves! I have really enjoyed getting to know Becky, she is from the same area where I grew up which is really neat. We've bonded over food, and what better way is there to bond? ;-)


Becky is just the sweetest gal you'll ever have the privilege to know! She is a devoted wife and Mother, and she loves to cook and bake with her hubby! The things they turn out of their kitchen always look delightful and never cease to leave my mouth watering. In the short time I've come to know Becky I have learned that she is enthusiastic about doing her part in the fight against cancer, and even held a bake sale a while back to fund research! I have really enjoyed the chance to get to know Becky, and have been looking forward to this post for weeks!! So without further ado... Here's Becky!
__________________________________

Hello everybody! I was so surprised and elated, when Kim sent me an email asking to be a guest blogger. Of course, I would accept, even though I have been on hiatus. I have followed her blog from the beginning, with her mouth watering, down home recipes, which are so family friendly. She makes everything from delicious smoothies to decadent desserts, and you won't be disappointed. Kim has even helped me with my pictures and Food Gawker, even though they weren't accepted:)

I live with my husband in the Chicago burbs, and have 3 grown sons, and one Granddaughter. I was one those people that started blogging, after seeing Julie and Julia. I thought if Julie can do it, so can I. I love to bake and my husband cooks. We try to eat and cook healthy, due to my husband's bypass. We both get the instant gratification, when we see the smiles on the faces of people eating our food.

Now for those wonderful Yogurt Blueberry Muffins, which would make a delicious treat for the upcoming holiday weekend. These muffins have the Greek Yogurt. I'm such a fan of the Greek yogurt, eating it for lunch, and baking with it all the time. If you have haven't gotten on the Greek yogurt bus, don't wait any longer. It has almost 3 times the protein in 6 oz. cup, than regular yogurt, and most flavors are 140 calories The texture of these muffins is dense and and soo moist. I used strawberry Greek yogurt, because that was what I had, and it was fine. Also, I used frozen blueberries and added chopped almonds to bump up the flavor and add a crunch. These muffins could also be made with whole wheat flour, or could change up the fruit and flavors of yogurt, very versatile. You will be pleased with these muffins, and they will be a hit with your family.

Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
Adapted from Cooks.com

Ingredients
2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 egg, beaten Could use Egg Beaters
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. milk I used Almond milk
1 (6 oz.) carton Greek yogurt, plain or any flavor
1 c. frozen blueberries Do not defrost
1/2 cup chopped, slivered almonds
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:
Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Mix egg, oil, milk, and yogurt. Add to dry ingredients, stirring only enough to moisten. Fold in frozen blueberries, and chopped almonds. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees 20 min or until golden brown. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon Sprinkle over warm muffins.

Note:I have not received any remuneration from any company, and the opinions expressed are those of the author.

Thank you Kim, for the honor and opportunity to share my recipe with you and your awesome readers. Enjoy you're weekend!

__________________________________


I love me some Blueberry Muffins, but never thought to add yogurt to them!! Don't y'all just love this recipe? I think these will have to be made pretty soon in this Farming House. Thank you SO much Becky, I am so thrilled to have you here, and I am honored that you took the time away from your break to create this post for us today!

If you would like to see more of Becky, you can check out here site: Baking and Cooking, a Tale of Two Loves

You can also find her on Facebook


Comments

  1. LOVE these muffins! I love using yogurt when baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favorite bloggers. Love you two ladies and so nice to see you teaming up. Such a great recipe. Yogurt really makes treats like these so moist and healthier! And we are seeing some nice blueberries around here right now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    Thanks for letting me be your Guest Blogger today! I;m having a great time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such tasty muffins. Yogurt gives them a great, healthy touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky. I am heading over to your blog just as soon as I finish here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guest poster, Kim...as I'm a huge fan of Becky's, too! Becky, what moist delicious muffins...I'm so glad you came out of your hiatus to share with us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Becky the best?! So glad to see her here... great guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this recipe so much, I took it for inspiration on my blog as well! Thanks! http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2012/04/yogurt-blueberry-muffins.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts