Pan Seared Chicken with Parmesan Basil Linguini

Pan Seared Chicken with Parmesan Basil Linguini

Hey y'all!! I'm so excited to finally share this recipe with you today! When I first made this, I posted the picture on Facebook and was OVERWHELMED by y'alls response over it! So much so that I even let you guys name it! The name winner is... Pan Seared Chicken with Parmesan Basil Linguini! Long yes, but fitting. I wish I could say this recipe was created out of some special epiphany, but the honest truth is that I pretty much made it up as I went along. Oh I mean, I had an idea of what I wanted the end result to be, but I didn't have any sort of recipe to follow. Truthfully though... that is totally me in my element. I love creating recipes on the fly, while cooking, they seem to be my best ones. lol! The best way I can describe this dish is that it's somewhere between an Alfredo and a Carbonara... Which makes it TOTALLY YUM! hehe! My little sous chef adored this, and ate every last bite and then asked for more (which is REALLY rare for him!) and all I can say is that I enjoyed this as leftovers just as much as I did the night I made it!

Ingredients:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Panko
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
4 Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
1 Egg
1/4 cup Milk
1 Package Linguini

Sauce:
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1/4 White Onion, diced
1 Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
5-6 Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
2 cups Heavy Cream
2/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 teaspoons Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Directions:
To make the sauce heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Then add the garlic and onion and saute til the garlic is slightly browned and the onion is translucent. Add the tomato and basil and saute for about 1 minute, then add in the cream and stir til the oil and cream don't separate. Next put in your cheese's and spices and stir constantly until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is thick. Set aside while you cook the pasta and chicken. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Flatten the chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness, (or you could butterfly it) then in a shallow dish combine the panko, breadcrumbs and basil. In another shallow dish whisk the egg with the milk. Then heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, and add about 1/4 inch of olive oil. For the chicken, first dip it in the egg mixture being sure to coat both sides, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Once all the chicken is coated, place in the hot pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then cover and turn to low heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Once your pasta is cooked, drain and put back in the pot, pour the sauce on top and mix. Transfer to serving dish, and slice the chicken into long pieces and place on top of pasta, garnish with more basil and Parmesan.

Review:
5 stars... I have to be honest, this was just so good! We loved the creaminess of the pasta along with the crunchy seared chicken... Mmmm...

We're finishing up our Guest Posting series this Friday with Phyllis Salmons from Vintage Vera with a very wonderful post I know you're sure to love!

Happy Cooking!
The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. This looks so tasty - I think I'll give it a slot on my weeknight menu to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks amazing. I think I have all of the ingredient too. I think I know what we are having for dinner tonight.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for supper tonight and it was amazing! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! @Heather, WOW! I'm so glad you liked it! I love hearing feedback like that! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I'm going to try this. I have another great recipe to add to my collection. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good, I have to try the pasta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never get enough italian food and this dish looks like a real winner! Great way to use up all that fresh basil I have. Thanks for sharing-simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good! Sounds creamy and delicious and hearty and just perfect! Going to have to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect dinner! I am going to have to try this very soon. I love all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shared a link to this recipe on my Facebook page. It is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Heather! That's so awesome, we love this too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts